Associate Director Patient Support Marketing - Imbruvica
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The Associate Director, Patient Support Programs Marketing - Imbruvica (Market Access) will primarily focus on developing and implementing strategies for supporting current IMBRUVICA patients during their treatment journey. This will include optimizing our current patient support program messaging and materials as well as identifying and implementing additional tactics focused on patient adherence. This individual will be responsible for the communication strategy and management of several marketing initiatives including overall message development, field promotional materials to drive awareness, updates to digital assets such as our websites, and media plans and creative.
The Associate Director, Patient Support Programs Marketing - Imbruvica reports into the Director of US Patient Support Programs and sits within the Market Access team. The chosen candidate will have significant interaction with the US commercial teams across both Pharmacyclics and AbbVie, including brand marketing, market access, business analytics, IT, and sales and marketing leadership. This individual must ensure that patient support initiatives are well aligned to the broader brand needs and that the patient support program is well integrated across the broader IMBRUVICA story.
- Collaborate with Patient Support Programs and other Market Access Director(s) and business leaders to build, manage and execute marketing plans to achieve patient support objectives and goals including program enrollments and patient edherence..
- Drive and participate in business and patient support program planning process.
- Effectively work, collaborate and drive results through our co-promotion alliance on both strategic alignment and tactical roll-out in a timely fashion.
- Influence business leaders and effectively collaborate cross-functionally to deliver business results.
- Develop and review key marketing materials and lead projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process.
- Coordinate the work of multiple external vendors and internal departments including market access, brand marketing, market research, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, corporate compliance, and IT.
- Collaborate with sales training to ensure effective, impactful, best in class training on patient support tools and programs.
- Manage and monitor A&P budget and develop metrics to measure programs' success.
- Champion cross-functional activities at key congresses and tradeshows.
- Research competitive programs and keep the organization well informed of external initiatives
- Develop and deliver executive updates for business reviews and new findings.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 7+ Years of relevant experience in developing, executing, and measuring programs for specialty products Proven patient support, patient access and/or patient marketing experience with increased proficiency in all marketing skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility within sales and marketing
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact ideas and plans and focus efforts by resource allocation
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners, agency partners and ideally, alliance partners.
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Experience with the management of budgets and vendors
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.