Senior Scientist, DMPK
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build drug discovery programs in diverse disease areas as a pharmacokinetic lead on a cross-functional team of experts. Create relationships with our pharmacology scientists and CROs to generate, analyze and interpret in vitro and in vivo DMPK/ADME data of small molecule therapeutics.
- Apply drug discovery principles in multiple programs in a range of disease areas and target tissues. Guide programs through lead-optimization and help advance our new drug candidates and preclinical programs in our mission to serve patients. Leverage PK/PD relationships and in vitro-in vivo extrapolations (IVIVE) to help further develop programs.
- Learn and show curiosity and openness to new tech in this role. Work with data scientists and engineers towards the creation of innovative, predictive and computational DMPK tools and integrate them with other proprietary machine-learning enabled platforms.
- Collaborate with medicinal chemists, bioanalytical chemists, pharmacologists, biologists and data scientists to contribute to optimization through compound selection and the identification of high-quality development candidates. Coordinate and integrate DMPK/ADME data to present to internal teams and contribute to the ADME section of IND filings.
The Team You’ll Join
This position reports directly to the Director of in vivo Pharmacology to help us expand our portfolio as we guide our programs toward the clinic. If you are passionate about discovering medicines, looking for the opportunity to build data and tools to accelerate drug-discovery, let’s talk.
***This position can be based in either Milpitas, CA or Salt Lake City, UT.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. pharmacokinetic/pharmaceutic science or related discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience contributing DMPK/ADME data to project teams that enabled decisions.
- Experience with PK/PD software (e.g., Phoenix WinNonLin) for optimization and selection of development candidates.
- Understanding of small molecule drug discovery and experience working in a drug discovery environment, direct experience with CNS targeting desirable.
- Experience curating DMPK/ADME data for informatics drug discovery systems desirable.
- Ability to articulate scientific data and strategic messages to internal partners and stakeholders
- Explore scientific literature outside of one’s immediate area of expertise and apply this to problem solving.
- Experience selecting and managing CROs
- Experience filing IND enabling documents.
- Excellent project, time management, problem solving skills and ability to work and lead in a cross-functional setting.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.