Director, Operational Excellence and Strategic Initiatives
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Director leads the key enabling Operational Excellence team within Global Customer Excellence that is dedicated to driving aligned operations of functions and capabilities, leading strategic initiatives, and developing and implementing foundational program management tools across the organization. This lead will have ownership of intake and prioritization of all initiatives and be responsible for streamlined execution, including aligned, critical touchpoints with all customers. He/she will lead strategic initiatives that span GCEX and the greater Global Marketing Commercial Operations. Also, leads a team of Program Managers to drive cross- functional Team effectiveness and drives strategic input on the implementation for process improvement initiatives for GCEX ensuring aligned execution.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Establish, implement, and maintain industry standard program management (PMO) standards and improvement methodologies to drive consistent project implementation approaches, governance structure, and measurement of initiatives and the contributions of the greater GCEX team.
- D rive on-going prioritization initiatives to align across a set of integrated initiatives between GCEX and Global Brand teams, Areas, Affiliates, and Functions to ensure delivery on longer-term Global Commercial Marketing strategies.
- Structure, align, and streamline communication, touch points, and delivery plans from GCEX to key partners and to the broader areas of GBTs/Areas/Affiliates and Function
- Identify and execute continuous improvement process optimization opportunities within GCEX
- Own and provide program management leadership for complex program of projects with overarching GCEX initiatives including all FutureFit coordination and FutureFit Operating Team.
- Ensure training and coaching of cross functional team on the PMO process and their key activities to ensure one common way of working
- Responsible for a team of program managers that lead strategic and complex programs requiring critical stakeholder management, cross-functional alignment, and global collaborations
- Accountable for helping direct reports and greater GCEX team navigate the change management process effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee and assess integrated project plans, resource projections, risk plans, and effectiveness metrics for each initiative.
- Coordinate cross-functional strategic meetings such as Commercial Council, GM Meeting, Quarterly Affiliate Meeting
- Drive innovative techniques through standard process and project approaches and with strategic facilitate
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7+ years' experience (or advanced degree in related field with a minimum of 5+ years) in executing large, cross functional or global initiatives using a project management framework within business operations
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization, able to motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels and experience influencing without authority
- Proven decision-making skills leading to successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to present complex issues to higher level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with team members
- Demonstrated ability to be a consistent high-level contributor or leader of multiple projects, processes, or functions
- Ability to present complex issues to higher level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and leadership skills
- Proven track record of success being a high-level independent and team contributor to lead multiple project and processes
- Advanced degree, with experience in healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry and management consulting
- PMP, Six Sigma or other equivalent project management and/or process improvement advanced certification(s)
- Experience with both global and regional teams in the pharmaceutical industry
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.