Manager, People Technology
Manager, People Technology
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead HR is embarking on a program of process improvement, identifying opportunities for streamlining the way we work, and putting in place technical solutions focusing on efficient workflow and optimal user experience. This is an amazing opportunity for a driven, Workday technical expert to join our team and help us champion solutions to scale the HR function.
We are seeking a People Technology Manager to join the People Technology team within HR. The People Technology manager will partner with HR Business Partners, HR COEs (HR Operations, Total Rewards and Talent Management) and IT to support existing systems and operations and execute on projects per the technology road-map.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Serve as the lead overseeing the ongoing design and build of benefits processes, providing functional oversight, gathering business and security requirements, performing system design and configuration, mapping and validating data conversion, creating test plans, conducting testing,
creating and testing reports and providing post implementation support
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to HR Business Partners and HR COEs in service delivery
- Participate in ServiceNow implementation and provide ongoing support once live
- Develop HR systems training materials and conduct training
- Provide day to day systems support including troubleshooting data and systems issues, recommending solutions and implementing enhancements and fixes in systems per change control guidelines
- Work with vendor, People Technology and IT on managing system releases and testing for HR Systems
- Partner with HR Analytics team on delivering integrated reporting solutions
- Drive continuous people, process and technology improvements
Key Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Possess basic understand of business applications and IT integration capabilities/touchpoints to identify potential upstream and downstream impact and intersection point
- Self-motivated team player with solid time management and organization skills; ability to navigate through ambiguity and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels within the company
- Ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities in a fast pace dynamic environment;
- Proven detail oriented and analytical skills
- Good project management, cross-functional team collaboration and vendor management skills
- Strong working knowledge of HR systems and proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- BA/BS degree; 8 + years of systems experience required. HR systems experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of Workday functional experience (configurations, security, custom reports, EIB)
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with Workday Benefits and/or Talent & Performance
- Minimum 2 years end to end implementation experience including requirements documentation, systems configuration, data validation, testing, training and change management.
- Hands on ServiceNow experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.