Senior Director, Data Integration
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Senior Director, Data Integration reports to the Vice President of Genomics Research and Data Integration. They will collaborate with R&D leaders to develop strategies that position AbbVie as an industry-leading, knowledge-based biopharmaceutical company using data to drive the development of innovative medicines. Leads a group responsible for developing and deploying novel analysis of large cross-functional, internal and external datasets to inform scientific and portfolio decisions across AbbVie. Working with Information Technology (IT), they will drive technology and capability builds that enable assembly of large data sets and advanced analytics. They will partner with senior R&D leaders to develop and implement a long-range plan for Data Integration across functions and will measure and communicate progress against the plan.
- Leads a team dedicated to Data Integration and matrixed resources embedded in all R&D functions responsible for delivering new Data Integration capabilities and advancing key use cases.
- Serve as a leading representative responsible for defining areas of focus and driving the overall long-term Data Integration strategy. Translates the strategy into concrete, achievable outcomes.
- Partners with Business Development functions to evaluate and advance key external partnerships aligned with the Data Integration strategy. Facilitates effective decision making, acting as the sounding board for new ideas and initiatives. Nurtures external collaborations (consortia, academic and scientific collaborations, key scientific leader advisors, etc.) in key targeted Data Integration and Digital Strategy focus areas.
- Defines and implements a plan for growing digital skills at AbbVie through both recruitment and training.
- Aligns business need and fiscal accountability for Data Integration with Key Performance Indicators, milestones, and value generation.
- Ensures an industry-leading Data Integration strategy through continuous internal and external benchmarking. Anticipates changes to the environment and adjusts strategy as necessary.
- Coordinates strategic long-range planning and portfolio management for Data Integration in partnership with cross-functional leaders.
- Communicates the vision and progress of Data Integration initiatives across the R&D organization and to relevant stakeholders outside of R&D to drive a culture of data sharing and data-driven decision making
- Liaises with Public Affairs on drafts of proposals, presentations, organizational messages related to Data Integration initiatives
- M.D. or Ph.D. in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics or related field
- Minimum of 10 years (15+ years preferred) of research/development, commercial, project management, portfolio management, business development, or related experience in the pharmaceutical or technology industry with a track record of expertise in one or more therapeutic areas.
- Recognized team player with proven facilitative leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment. Proven performance in a matrix environment with ability to influence and align stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact externally and internally with data scientists, functional experts and senior leaders to support business strategy.
- Strong analytical skills. Recognized ability to evaluate complex issues from multiple perspectives to ensure that balanced risk assessments are made.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry and the key data &; analytics that drive decisions is desired.
- Demonstrated record of driving strategic change within a large organization is desired.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.