AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Flight Engineer reports to the Director of Aviation Maintenance. Responsible for flying on corporate aircraft during international travel, they will provide technical expertise during in-flight and AOG situations along with tending to the comfort and safety needs of passengers to include serving food and beverages. While conducting appropriate cabin management practices, the Flight Engineer will have a solid understanding of on-board communication systems to include satellite TV, internet, and Iridium phone systems. While at home station, the flight engineer will perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, launch/recovery support, and proper documentation of company aircraft in accordance with FAA regulations, manufacturers' inspection and maintenance programs, and Department and Company policy. The Flight Engineer will be a dynamic role to ensure the utmost quality criteria of company aircraft.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspections, engine runs and taxi operations that conform to the standards established by the Company, regulations, and industry best practices
- Availability to work nights, weekends, or flexible hours as determined by flight schedule - Ability to optimize aircraft dispatch reliability and operational availability through the role of Flight Engineer during international travel
- Act as passenger service provider and safety coordinator. Requires training in evacuation procedures, medical aid, passenger service, and food handling procedures.
- Ensure cabin configuration and associated management functions are performed in accordance with Departmental policies and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of all onboard passenger service equipment, to include DVD player, SatCom, Aircell, BBML, and Airshow systems and applications
- Oversee that work performed by contract maintenance facilities is accomplished and properly documented in accordance with FAA and AbbVie department requirements
- Provide active participation in the Department Safety Management System (SMS) and involvement in obtaining bi-annual certification through IS-BAO (International Standard- Business Aircraft Operations).
- Assist in maintaining spare parts inventory; including ordering, shipping and receiving.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues in time-sensitive situations
- Have thorough understanding of avionics/electrical/computer systems
- Provide a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with the use of technology and computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office and related business applications i.e. CMP/AVTRAK
- Pursue on-going technical training and remain cognizant of industry advancements through conferences and seminars
- Associates Degree required
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate required
- Five years of business aviation maintenance and avionics experience
- Preferred:- Bachelor's Degree preferred- Inspection Authorization preferred- NCATT certification preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Work in confined spaces
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.