Director, CSAR - Analytics
The Director, CSAR Analytics is a leadership role accountable for the delivery of both patient and operational analytics and reporting within Global Development Operations. Analytics plays an instrumental role in the progression of clinical programs and supplier oversight and this role will advance and set an enhanced vision focused on modern statistical, algorithmic, and reporting techniques, including those from machine learning, natural language processing, and improved graphical interfaces. The position will have direct global line management and lead a team of analytical analysts responsible for the design, deployment, maintenance of important analytical and reporting capabilities.
The position will work in close partnership with senior leaders from other organizations including clinical study teams, center for design and analytics, and other cross-functional teams to 'combine forces' that will meet commitments for "speed to market," risk-based models/central monitoring, and other company initiatives. In addition, the role will help embed new analytical platforms and construct a future data lake. Similarly, the position will advise and help manage downstream data marts, integrations, and set data governance principles such as confirming to proper structures and data cleanliness rules - building upon the strong framework and reporting solutions which exist today.
Through active service management of analytical and reporting service providers, the Director is responsible for representing Amgen within a key leadership position, and thus will co-chair Operational Management Team and Functional Management Team governance bodies in partnership with Amgen Global Supplier Services to ensure quality and timely service delivery alongside monitoring supplier performance across reporting disciplines.
Importantly, in addition to the leadership and oversight within the development of reporting solutions, the Director and team, will help the business assess trends and collect insights from the data driven approaches. This data intelligence will be used to make meaningful decisions and aid in course of action. As such the role will need to have an extensive background in data analysis, modeling, and superlative communication skills to be able to translate the data signals into meaningful summaries.
The following are key competencies for the Director CSAR - Analytics position:
- Strong agility to manage a wide breadth of different reporting service areas and guide staff to emerging needs.
- Ability to influence others, make data-driven decisions while seeking input from team members and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Understanding and experience with new reporting and statistical techniques (e.g. Predictive analytics, ML models)
- Results-driven providing progressive monitoring and tracking to performance against goals, leading actions and accountability to remain on track.
- Advanced skills in application software and analytical development methodologies in a validated and regulated system environment
- Proficient in analytical, clinical data assessments, and topics of varying complexity in order to present insights based on business acumen and broad subject matter expertise to senior leadership staff.
- Strong understanding of regulations which govern clinical system and clinical development practices.
- Act as a strong coach, providing constant feedback and mentoring to fellow staff members.
- Ability to lead organization change by influencing others across various functions and navigating the team through new processes and/or technical advances.
- Superior planning and communication skills; able to plan, set goals and define approach in highly ambiguous situations.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of data analysis experience
Master's degree and 8 years of data analysis experience
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of data analysis experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Master's degree or equivalent in life science, informatics, Data Analytics, business administration or related discipline
- Extensive experience in information technologies / data analysis in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech / life sciences industry
- Broad experience of working in a global organization
- Broad biopharmaceutical clinical research experience (clinical research experience obtained working on clinical trials at a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company)
- Previous line management experience, including management level staff and strong experience working with analytical and reporting providers.
- Previous experience at or oversight of outside clinical research vendors (CRO's, central labs, imaging vendors, etc)
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.