Senior Manager, Records Enterprise Governance Program
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This Senior Manager will lead a Center of Practice:
- Global Outreach
- Global Storage
- Records Management IT
The incumbent will serve as a leader for staff and actively assist the Director of Records Management.
Accountable for leading global cross functional teams in achieving results to complex assignments.
This role drives strategic projects for continued development, alignment and deployment of the Enterprise Governance Program.
This position will report to the Director of Records Management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Director of Records Management with development and deployment of strategic plans and executive communications
- Will have direct report responsibilities
- Lead staff with regard to strategic and deployment activities
- Provide direction to staff, to include: hiring, setting performance expectation, feedback, development and handling of personnel issues
- Accountable for developing a high performing team
- Coordinate and make decisions on enterprise governance deployment and projects to ensure alignment across the AbbVie Archive. Manage high visibility projects. Make fiscally responsible decisions relating to budgetary discretion.
- Has a leadership role in deploying the records management enterprise governance program
- Accountable for program performance including implementation of activities per the records strategy
- Partner with the Training Team to develop records lifecycle training
- Is a primary interface with global records management teams and/or records coordinators
- Monitor and report on global deployment project plans / deliverables as required for management
- Provide program status updates as required against milestones to management and business stakeholders
- Has ability to manage indirect teams at remote locations
- Must have ability to positively collaborate with internal AbbVie teams such as Finance, IT, Operations, Quality, Regulatory and Legal to ensure appropriate business alignment.
- Build and maintain a culture of quality minded employees focused on global and intercompany alignment with stakeholders and other records groups
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures and safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or High School diploma and 15 years experience required. Related certifications a plus.
- 8+ years experience in a regulated industry such as, pharmaceutical, medical device, manufacturing, regulatory affairs or quality
- 4+ years of experience in managing records or documents in a high volume setting such as a library, quality assurance, document control, archival services, document shredding, and etc.
- 4+ years of management, project management and/or global team deployment/oversight experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience working in a complex and matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead multi cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication and interacting with people at various levels of the organization and across global locations.
- Experience in managing cross-functional operations.
- Experience in project management and/or global deployments
- Mastery level experience with quality or archiving system(s)
- Excellent organizational skills
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.