Research Associate, Life Science
Cellecta, a small, privately-owned biotechnology company in Mountain View CA, is looking for a dynamic and energetic life science professional to support service projects and help develop novel functional genomics applications for life science researchers.
The company currently offers tools and services for CRISPR and RNAi genetic screening, cell barcoding and tracking, cell engineering, targeted RNA expression analysis. We are seeking an individual with strong practical expertise in molecular and cell biology laboratory procedures to independently carry out customer-driven service projects and support development efforts to expand applications of our existing technology portfolio.
- Solid hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, viral delivery vectors, DNA cloning and vector construction, plasmid preparation, RNA/DNA extraction, PCR, etc.
- Experience with gene editing, NGS, RNA-Seq, flow cytometry, and related advanced cell and molecular biology technologies is a plus.
- Proven ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a deadline-oriented work environment.
- M.S. degree in Cell Biology, Virology, Molecular Biology, or similar discipline.
- Experience in biotech/pharma desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an academic or commercial lab.
- Ability to describe and document laboratory work, procedures, and findings clearly and concisely for use in protocol manuals, marketing collateral, application notes and articles, presentations, and posters.
- Flexible and able to occasionally work weekends for cell culture maintenance if necessary.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and effectively communicate with both internal and external researchers.
- Effective collaboration with team members and external researchers to carry out projects.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Applications from principals only please. Cellecta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.