Intern, People & Organization
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
Novartis Gene Therapies is seeking a People & Organization Intern for the 2021 summer internship program. This program is designed for high performing students and offers the opportunity to work on high impact, high visibility HR initiatives. All projects are designed to address current business needs and provide significant development opportunities.
Responsibilities include working both independently and with other P&O professionals. Projects and assignments will be determined closer to the internship start date based on candidate's interest and business needs, but may include:
- Participate in the design and execution of talent strategies and solutions, including workforce planning, engagement, development, and retention solutions that directly influence the success of our business.
- Assess P&O industry trends, identify gaps and propose action plans that will deliver results and improve the organization.
- Participate on a P&O project team related to a key functional priority/program, inclusive of strategic planning, use of workforce analytics to drive solutions, project management and communications.
- As a developing P&O leader, engage and collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to establish and accomplish key deliverables.
- Candidates must be working towards a BA, BS, BBS, MA, MS, or MBA degree in HR or related field of study and in good academic standing
- Be a team player with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who can work in a collaborative environment.
- Motivation to meet aggressive deadlines and accomplish challenging objectives
- Demonstrate attention to detail and an ability to exercise sound judgment and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Strong attention to detail and drive for results
- Possess strong time management, sense of urgency, problem solving and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to streamline processes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.