Our Equipment Engineers specify and commission small equipment and equipment components for biopharmaceutical process systems. We evaluate functional equivalence of equipment and components and author test plans to demonstrate suitability of replacement equipment. This team works across the business supporting the manufacturing process, ensuring our equipment is functioning properly for the production of our life-changing products.
As an Equipment Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Specifying cGMP process equipment, components, and spare parts.
- Evaluating equipment for Functional Equivalence to existing equipment.
- Assisting in the design review, site acceptance and installation of equipment.
- Writing and executing test plans demonstrating equipment suitability.
- Supporting QA Validation department by preparing design documents and assisting in protocol execution.
- Authoring, reviewing, and revising Standard Equipment Specifications.
- Implementing corrective/preventative actions for existing equipment.
- Preparing engineering evaluations and test plans for change control documentation.
- Supporting large capital projects in a spare parts capacity.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have an intermediate level knowledge of CAD software and drafting principals.
- Enjoy being able to think independently to make quality decisions based on analyzing available and potentially limited information.
- Are able to understand and implement project plans and schedules.
- Find working in an ambiguous environment with changing priorities exciting
- Have outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members with tact and diplomacy.
- Excel at working independently as part of a broader multi-functional team.
- Have a desire to work on all aspects of the process in a generalist capacity, as opposed to being specialized in one specific area.
To be considered for the Equipment Engineer position, you must have a BS/BA in engineering with 2+ years of relevant experience. Chemical, biochemical, or mechanical engineering degree is preferred. Direct experience in equipment engineering and with biopharmaceutical process equipment is highly desirable. Applicants with a BS/BA in engineering and 5+ years of relevant experience may be considered for Senior Equipment Engineer.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.