Director, Onivyde Marketing
Director, Onivyde Marketing
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
ONIVYDE (irinotecan liposome injection) is proven to help people with metastatic Pancreatic Cancer, who previously received gemcitabine chemotherapy, live longer when given in combination with 2 other medicines, fluorouracil (known as "5-FU") and leucovorin (known as "LV"). Onivyde represents a significant proportion of the Ipsen North America revenues and is a critical asset to the Oncology Business Unit. Considerable additionally opportunity exists to grow share in the post-gemcitabine Pancreatic Cancer setting and the brand is expected to drive continued revenue growth in the coming years. Onivyde also accounts for one of the largest lifecycle investments at Ipsen with potential additional indications providing the opportunity to serve significantly more patients with rare cancers.
The Marketing Director, Onivyde US Marketing is a key leadership role on the Onivyde Brand Team. The position will report to the Vice President, Onivyde Commercial and will be a member of the Onivyde US Leadership Team. The successful candidate will lead all US promotional activities to help the brand achieve short-term and long-term revenue goals, provide leadership to the promotional team and play a key role on the cross-functional brand team. Responsibilities include managing all engagements with creative agencies, developing personal and multi-channel HCP and DTP promotional plans, leading execution of these plans and maintaining overall leadership of the marketing budget. Additionally, the director also provides leadership in the development of annual strategic and operational plans. This role will have responsibility for managing direct reports.
In addition to leading marketing for the inline post-gemcitabine indication in Pancreatic Cancer, the director will lead the development of promotional launch plans for an exciting potential upcoming indication for Onivyde. Responsibility will include building comprehensive personal and multi-channel marketing plans for execution upon FDA approval
Leadership skills and proven track record of building and executing marketing plans will be critical in this role. Providing marketing direction as well as leading the cross functional Brand Team and providing clear guidance to achieve a best in class performance is imperative. Additionally, this position will hire the Onivyde Marketing team and be responsible for the acquisition and development of top Oncology Marketing talent to achieve key milestones and business objectives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a high-performing marketing team by hiring, retaining and coaching team members and driving a high level of engagement and innovation
- Provide strategic leadership by focusing on clear and relevant brand strategic imperatives aligned with the market opportunity and brand positioning
- Drive engaging creative campaigns, messaging, targeting, segmentation, for inline indication and create effective plans for lifecycle indications for execution upon FDA approval
- Lead HCP and DTP marketing on the brand team and empower direct reports and cross-functional colleagues to deliver best in class marketing initiatives
- Support the extended brand team in developing, maintaining and regularly reporting on KPI metrics to help monitor execution of brand priorities
- Establish relationships with agency partners and drive accountability for high quality work, on time and within budget
- Support strong brand relationships with Patient Advocacy organizations and KOLs
- Build upon the ONIVYDE team culture of high performance, innovation, collaboration and accountability within the marketing team and help drive these values across the cross-functional team
- Develop close collaborative relationship the cross-functional brand team; work closely with Value & Access, Digital Customer Interaction team and the Insights team to drive brand performance
- Manage overall Onivyde marketing budget and ensure resources are utilized to deliver maximum ROI
- Role model the One Ipsen Way of Being and embed values and support an environment of engagement and inclusion in the brand team
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts
- +/- 25% Domestic and International will be required
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, MBA preferred
- Biopharma commercial experience; minimum 8 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology sales, marketing, creative agency or consulting experience, with at least 5 of those years in marketing
- Strong ability to lead direct reports and effectively influence cross-functional teams
- Track record of business performance and analytical problem solving
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels; Ability to communicate brand priorities and performance to leadership and translate promotional plans to cross-functional teams and sales force
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed and collaborative cross-functional environment
- Strong pharmaceutical marketing skills in HCP, DTP, personal and multichannel promotions; Oncology marketing experience preferred
- Demonstrated marketing competencies including insight generation, segmentation, positioning, campaign development and tactical planning and execution
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.","datePosted":"2020-12-20T00:00:00.000Z