Payer Marketing PharmD Internship
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
This 12-week internship will offer aspiring pharmacists an opportunity to build a strong foundation of business acumen, technical skills, and knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry.
- As a member of the US Payer Marketing team, this role will work cross-functionally across the broader Commercial organization. The cross functional work will include working with departments from Payer Marketing, Brand Marketing, Global Patient Access, Analytics and HEOR on key issues and business challenges
- Develop and roll out payer-marketing materials to field teams; including how to effectively highlight the core clinical and economic messages
- Support the development of marketing programs to generate access and awareness within the payer and trade channels.
- Conduct informational interviews with cross functional partners to gain an understanding of the roles, responsibilities, and interdependencies of various departments within a pharmaceutical company.
- Interns must be enrolled as a full-time Doctor of Pharmacy degree student in an ACPE-accredited school or college of pharmacy during the 2020-2021 school year: preference for those that have completed their P2 year
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Interest in managed care or the pharmaceutical industry as demonstrated by involvement in relevant student organizations or completion of related internships.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.