We are looking for a Senior Pathologist, reporting into a Director in the Pathology Department, to provide pathology support of in-house Discovery efforts in a variety of therapeutic areas. S/he will also support regulatory toxicology studies of Regeneron's diverse development molecules. We expect this person to participate in the utilization of the Aperio System, the HALO platform and other powerful viewing and image analysis tools in support of digital pathology productivity at Regeneron.
A TYPICAL DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE :
- Help craft, develop, and implement research programs to support all facets of drug development.
- Perform histopathologic evaluation of slide sections of tissues to determine the efficacy and safety of drug molecules across all Therapeutic areas.
- Perform pathology peer review of REGN toxicology studies at CROs
- Collaborate with research scientists in the discovery, characterization, and preclinical development of novel large molecule products.
- Participate on teams devoted to developing predictive and prognostic biomarkers in assigned therapeutic areas.
- Collaborate to develop an in-house digital pathology program
- Deliver occasional seminars based on histopathology data derived from assigned regulatory and discovery studies.
This position requires a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree or foreign equivalent and Board Certification in Veterinary Pathology (Diplomate, ACVP certification preferred, but board eligibility will be considered) and 3 years residency training in Pathology. The ideal candidate will also possess a PhD and/or other graduate degrees in Comparative Pathology or related field. Additional academic/research/industry experience desirable but not required.
This person is expected to be able to interpret traditional diagnostic categories in the context of a detailed and current understanding of classical histopathology and molecular pathology.
Demonstration of high-quality scholarly productivity in investigative pathology or other areas of biomedical research evidenced by publications is desirable.
Familiarity with, if not expertise in, molecular pathology and image analysis techniques is expected.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.