Sr. Specialty Rep - Nephrology - Fort Worth, TX
Sr Specialty Rep - Nephrology
Relocation is not provided for this role.
Territory: Fort Worth, TX , Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa/San Angelo/Abilene 50-60% travel
Amgen's medicines treat serious illnesses and our research address diseases with a limited number of treatment options. With a robust and differentiated pipeline, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives. As a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients, we are actively searching for a Senior Specialty Representative to deliver on this commitment to patients.
Amgen supports and encourages our team members to have long term, fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this opportunity to craft a long-term career with Amgen. The Senior Specialty Representative acts as the primary customer contact and is responsible for executing marketing strategy and promoting Amgen products as led by the District Manager.
Our Senior Specialty Representatives achieve territory sales by utilizing their background and experience to:
Provide current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Amgen's products and effectively communicate the clinical and economic benefits of the products to medical professionals
- Perform as a sales leader to achieve territory sales by executing and delivering branded sales messages strategies. This includes: delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Utilize internal and external relationships to service and manage accounts which includes: ensuring product access, resolving/triage reimbursement issues, and maintaining product contracts
- Analyze business effectiveness of sales activities and territory analysis, as well as develop territory plans with the District Manager
- Have passion for our products and sustain that passion through the entire sales cycle while always building our brand, never losing sight of how we serve patients
- Partner with other colleagues to share best practices and be in a state of continuous curiosity and learning to help grow as a Senior Specialty Representative
- Leverage passion for disease state awareness, industry, regulatory and competitive changes to deliver agreed results
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of sales experience within pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry or hospital sales experience
Associate degree and 6 years of sales experience within pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry or hospital sales experience
High school diploma/GED and 8 years of sales experience within pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry or hospital sales experience
Three or more years of sales experience in the areas of oncology, nephrology, dermatology, rheumatology, inflammation, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, hepatology, gastroenterology or infectious diseases; and the diseases and treatments involved with these specialties
- Product or hospital sales experience in the areas of oncology, nephrology, dermatology, rheumatology, inflammation, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, hepatology, gastroenterology or infectious diseases; and the diseases and treatments involved with these specialties
- Local market knowledge
- A Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration
- Adaptability with our Core Competencies: Planning and Organizing; Leveraging Business, Industry, and Technical Knowledge; Communicating with Impact; Driving for Results; and Cultivating Internal and External Relationships.
Amgen is a Fortune 150 company operating in nearly 100 countries around the world. We invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.