Process Development Scientist II – High Throughput
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient's individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world's premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Development Scientist II, in the protein sciences department specializing in automation & process development who will report to a Senior Scientist in Protein Sciences or the Head of the department and continue advancing PACT's patient-specific product development pipeline. The incumbent should be creative and interdisciplinary with practical problem-solving skills and hands-on experience in the areas of process development, automation and liquid handling, as well as molecular cloning and protein expression/ purification. This will be a unique opportunity to see your solutions transform the way we process patient samples, improving PACT’s throughput and turnaround time of our personalized process and directly impact patient lives.
- Work with the Protein Sciences process staff to identify potential improvements to the protein production pipeline, propose innovative solutions, assess the impact of modifications, and lead the implementation of new workflows
- Design, plan and execute key wet lab proof of concept experiments to improve reproducibility, quality, and scalability of the processes
- Validate and tune new processes, draft process documents, and work with process staff to implement the changes
- Partner closely with the Automation and Software Development groups, acting as the technical project lead to identify, prioritizes, and track projects
- Ph.D. or equivalent plus at least 5 years' industry experience developing, validating, and implementing automation workflows, ideally involving liquid handlers
- Ability to propose new projects, design proof of concept experiments, and lead the execution and analysis of the work
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, and high-throughput protein synthesis workflows
- Experience working with scripts to integrate and control automation equipment
- Experience with technology transfer and supporting your production processes after launch
- Experience developing and launching solutions within a regulated environment
- Highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to effectively prioritize and focus on time-sensitive objectives
- Experience with high-throughput molecular cloning workflows
- Experience with high-throughput DNA and protein analysis
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.