Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us meet our goals we are looking to hire a Proteomics Scientist to join our Analytical Biochemistry team.
If any of the following describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Do you enjoy problem solving and take initiative seeking ways to optimize existing processes?
- Are you passionate about engineering proteins to change the world and improve the quality of life?
- Are you able to think creatively to develop out of the box solutions to reach your goals?
- Do you thrive in a diverse and collaborative team environment?
- Developing and implementing various LC/MS based approaches for protein biocatalyst characterization. You will improve on existing workflows for targeted proteomics, intact protein analysis, peptide mapping and qualitative and quantitative analysis of post-translational modifications.
- Managing data analysis and reporting using commercial software such as Protein Metrics, BioPharma Finder, Skyline, etc.
- Managing multiple projects related to biologics discovery, performance enzymes, and other R&D programs.
- Providing technical guidance for protein engineering projects and training junior scientists in proteomics workflows.
- Working independently and with project teams to provide support and assistance to all phases of directed evolution projects and contributing to team presentations and written reports.
- Maintaining a safe and efficient workplace, following safe lab practices and organizing lab environment.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related fields with 6-8 years of relevant experience or PhD in the similar fields with 2-5 years relevant experience. Level of hiring will be based on the candidate’s experience and capabilities.
- Expertise and knowledge in developing LC-MS/MS workflows for proteomics analysis such as bottom-up proteomics, peptide mapping and intact analysis and PTM quantitation.
- Familiarity with small molecules detection and characterization using different analytical techniques such as HPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS, etc. is desired.
- Familiarity with HTP screen, sample prep and miniaturized assays is a plus.
- Ability to provide technical vision, leadership and guidance to project teams.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-tasks, think critically and work both independently and within cross-disciplinary project teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate research findings to internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), documentation (record keeping, lab notebook, reports, SOPs), organization and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, safety, and good laboratory practices.
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on day your first day
- 100% match on 401k
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Employee lunch program
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.