Manager, Commercial Systems
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Franchise Manager Commercial Systems is responsible for acting as liaison between Commercial Operations, BTS, Training, OEC, Legal, Med/Reg and Franchise teams to oversee the design, deployment, training, communications, and management of the Field Force Automation Tools. This position drives field force effectiveness through strategic partnership with the Franchise business units to identify compliant systems solutions and enhancements, streamline processes, and increase salesforce effectiveness in alignment with the Franchise strategies. This position is the subject matter expert on ABS compliance related work streams and business processes that relate to field force activities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Act as Liaison between Commercial Operations, BTS, Training, OEC, Legal, Med/Reg and Franchise teams to oversee the design, deployment, training, and communications of the Field Force Automation Tool (iREP)
- Subject Matter Expert SME and key point of contact across commercial systems for iREP, iREP, alignment processing, helpdesk knowledge and ABS related processes.
- Support the on-boarding of any new teams, as well as new hires/transfers into existing teams.
- Support coordinated efforts with the Brand Teams, MABI, and Sales Leadership for prioritizing the deployment of key list of values leveraged in the
- system (marketing initiatives, segmentation, surveys, and other low impact data change requests) to improve field force execution.
- Proactive engagement with Field Force Effectiveness (FFE) Vertical teams, Compliance, OEC, Customer experience, It's About Time (IAT), Business Technology Solutions (BTS) and infield teams to collect, document and prioritize system enhancement/business process recommendations.
- Level 2 support for Help Desk Cases and root cause analysis and investigation of systems related issues.
- Supports ongoing release management efforts across all phases of the release cycle of Veeva iREP including design, testing, and deployment.
- Works closely with key business BTS, OEC, Compliance, User Experience (CX) Custer Account Management (CAM) and Helpdesk stakeholders to ensure business requirements are well defined and documented.- Demonstrate subject matter expertise related to Field Tools processes and procedures to streamline call planning and call execution activities to reduce administrative burden for our infield teams.
- Manage weekly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboard, work with the Field Tools, Customer Account Management (CAM), Compliance & Sampling Teams to ensure KPIs are meeting their business needs.
- As a Veeva iREP SME, investigate and triage helpdesk support tickets as assigned.
- Support Field Operation, Compliance, Customer Experience reporting and ad hoc data analysis requests.
- Cross functional leadership across CA&O Sales Planning, Field Operations, Training, Sample Management, and BTS to roll out projects in scope and schedule.
- Develops project plans that integrate and align with cross departmental processes and project schedules.
- Acts as a resource to provide innovative solutions to mitigate risks, manage competing customer priorities, facilitate contingency plans, maximize cost-effective resource utilization, and improve field force effectiveness.
Communications and Training:
- Partner with the It's About Time (IAT), Training & Helpdesk teams to develop release specific and quarterly iREP centric communications to ensure pull-through of iREP capabilities.
- Present at ISTC, provide support during field meets, or present systems capabilities to key internal stakeholders
Qualifications - External
- BA, BS degree required. BA/BS required to ensure effective understanding and application of business concepts.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management (including leadership of a significant cross-functional project),marketing or sales operations or information technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously with sense of urgency.
- Strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong customer and operations focus.
- Confidence in providing subject matter expertise to Senior Leadership, Sales Leadership and other high-level contacts.
- Ability to clearly and confidently articulate complex and difficult concepts.
- Extensive understanding of pharmaceutical field sales activities, roles and behaviors.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent business acumen, understanding of Compliance, Legal, Med/Reg drivers and guidance.
- Ability to develop and deliver training and communications; public speaking ability addressing groups of a few to thousands
- Experience in developing, deploying, and managing effective IT systems, quality control procedures, and comfort in directing low level analytics
- Understanding and experience working directly with pharmaceutical sales data sources.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to develop and execute innovative, creative solutions
- Master's degree in business or science preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, compliance regulations and standards preferred.
- Veeva/Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g.CFR 210/211, cGMP)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.