AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Service Analyst is accountable for confirming that the appropriate production processes and quality metrics are executed for AbbVie's Applications that are scored with low risk and complexity. The role will also provide support and prioritization for the execution of Application Maintenance and Support tasks and some critical production services.
- Offer oversight for some critical production services including: Incident, Problem, Service Transition and Disaster Recovery and seek assistance for other critical services such as: Audit, Validation and Compliance.
- Provides support for audit requests for the ACOE.
- Reviews the Disaster Recovery plan and schedule to ensure that the service providers exercise test drills and execute the plan as designed.
- Assists providers in coordinating with 3rd party hosting or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers on recovery capabilities.
- Accountable for ensuring that the Service Transition process is fully executed by the provider and provides feedback into the existing Change, Release and Deployment management processes.
- Reviews the Service Providers application and technical documentation such as Request for Change, operating procedures and technical and non-technical specifications and provides feedback and approval as appropriate.
- Evaluates the Service Providers reported trends and the process improvement recommendations to help identify areas where preventative maintenance might be performed to improve Applications efficiency, in terms of both the performance of the Applications and any related maintenance and support efforts.
- Responsible for reviewing the service provider Service Level Agreements on a regular basis and providing oversight for any action plans that are required to address performance issues.
- Performs daily reviews of ticket activity: queue levels, processing efficiency, backlogs, aging levels along with prior day Incidents to ensure that ticket processing and the Problem Management engines are performing within expected operating parameters.
- Serves as primary AbbVie contact point and first level of escalation for Incidents and Problems. Assists with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with Cross-functional, Build and Infrastructure teams.
- Participate P1- P2 MIM bridge and on call rotation and confirms business impact.
- Assists MSPs in ensuring that all the user access to IT systems are properly controlled and authenticated and segregation of duties are maintained.
- Will coordinate an annual access certification process ensuring that current users still require access to applications under their responsibility.
- Seeks assistance from senior personnel in performing the initial business risk assessment for Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities.
- Partakes in vendor performance meetings and operational reviews.
- Supports vendor initiated continuous improvement performance plans.
- Participates with supplier personnel regarding short-term architecture strategy development and provides recommendation as it relates to Application performance or continuous improvement.
- Performs post installation analysis including lessons learned and provides recommendations for continuous improvement implementations as needed.
- Provides inputs to the technical reports and documentation that confirm the Root Cause Analysis for Incidents and Problems.
- Contributes to the development of new or the refinement of existing critical Service Operations and/or Service Transition processes.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of combined experience in Information Technology.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Computer Science orComputer Engineering.
- Knowledge of (could be a platform or a vertical such as Oracle, or LifeSciences Pharmaceutical Research and Development or Financial application technologies, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability towork within cross-functional teams towards task completion.
Internal: Business Technology Organizations (BTOs), Abbvie End Users, ManagedService Providers, AbbVie IT infrastructure services
External: By extension, Abbvie's customers: patients,health care providers, CROs
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.