Director/Senior Director Program Management
Q32 BIO is advancing novel therapeutics to treat serious autoimmune and inflammatory disorders. We aim to deliver life-changing treatments for patients with a variety of diseases for whom no adequate treatment options exist.
Our dynamic, highly experienced team is growing and we are seeking to build out our Program Management capabilities as we head to the clinic. We are looking for an independent, experienced Director/Senior Director of Program Management that will lead our programs through the transition from candidate selection to clinical development and beyond.
ROLE: DIRECTOR/SR DIRECTOR, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Organizes and coordinates all research and development programs. Leads and provides ongoing guidance to teams assuring strategies are successfully developed, implemented, and executed leading to optimized timelines and budgets.
- Provides overall strategic and operational leadership for key pre-clinical, IND-enabling and early development projects within the Q32 Biotech portfolio: working with key stakeholders, drives development and execution of overall program strategy and objectives
- Lead key cross-functional program team meetings, work streams and sub-teams to define and meet strategic and tactical goals; drives clear, aligned and informed decisions
- Establish multi-year, accessible program plans against Target Product Profile, establishing milestones and metrics for tracking: provides traditional program management deliverables including MS Project schedules, Program Team agendas and meeting minutes, program budget summaries, key drivers, risks and mitigation strategies, decisions taken and other program history
- Works with the Program Team to identify all critical path activities and interdependencies. Proactively works with the Program Team and Functional leads to ensure timely action to address any deviation (or potential deviation) that could affect meeting defined program objectives. Regularly assesses challenge points and opportunities for acceleration. Ensures contingency plans across the development plan and timely action against development issues.
- Partner with Finance and Program Team to create and maintain integrated program budget, forecasts and spending timelines, based on development assumptions; implement plan and track resources and program process against timelines and budget for finance and portfolio oversight. Supports tracking of actuals to budget and communication of deviations to budget or prospectively identified variations.
- Respond to day to day program needs relating to research and development portfolio; support department heads with managing relationships with external collaborators and CROs
- Help identify, build and maintain vendor relationships to ensure maximum output with budget constraints
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the life sciences industry (eg, pharma/biotech), with at least 4-5 years of program management experience
- Track record of drug development experience, ideally with experience in protein biologics: knowledge of interconnectivity of the core functional areas of biotech R&D and the overall drug development process, including CMC , non-clinical development, and clinical development
- Thorough understanding of program management techniques and methods, familiarity with the most updated technology for monitoring and reporting progress of R&D programs
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with colleagues throughout the organization, including management team
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and work independently and on teams: skilled at effectively consolidating and communicating information from diverse sources across all functional areas and through all levels of the organization, up to executive management
- A flexible, collaborative, and proactive approach as a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical development initiatives
- Ability to lead in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects, allocate resources, and deliver quality results on time and within tight time constraints.
- Demonstrated proficiency on Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific, healthcare or business discipline required; advanced degree preferred