Provider Contracting Senior Manager
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
Amgen has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a significant impact on the organization. As a member of USV&A (US Value and Access team), this Senior Manager is integral to Amgen's financial sales performance. The Senior Manager for Provider Contracts will lead contracting activities for Amgen's Provider customers in the areas of nephrology, oncology and biosimilars. They will serve as single point of contact in regard to contracting for both internal and external customers.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for communicating account information and completion of contracts for key customers. You will also contribute to development of product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts and contract development.
Detailed Job Duties
- Facilitate review of product pricing requests with internal stakeholders for key customers
- Create term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to customers
- Manage the contracting process in conjunction with Amgen's account representatives, Legal and other stakeholders
- Inform the team of customer-specific information and trends that are critical to provide quarterly financial estimates for each customer
- Ensure document content meets the business requirements and is delivered timely to the field
- Participate in the development and maintenance of contracting strategies
- Improve business processes leveraging existing technical platforms and or new technology
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key customer's financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, customers, Legal, and other teams as necessary
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related needs
- Other duties as assigned
Doctorate degree and 2 years of contracting and/or pricing, finance, analytics, or other healthcare experience
Master's degree and 4 years of contracting and/or pricing, finance, analytics, or other healthcare experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of contracting and/or pricing, finance, analytics, or other healthcare experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of contracting and/or pricing, finance, analytics, or other healthcare experience
High school diploma and 12 years of contracting and/or pricing, finance, analytics, or other healthcare experience
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of experience solving complex business problems and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology experience
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
- Ability to read, draft, edit and understand legal contract documents
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.