Manager, Shipping & Receiving
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a Manager to oversee our Shipping & Receiving function and to develop
and implement initiatives to ensure compliance with company requirements. The successful candidate
will have experience developing and managing Shipping & Receiving in a fast paced, rapidly growing
company and create scalable solutions. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Facilities and
is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
• Manages the Shipping & Receiving function and staff, ensuring all duties are performed to
support the needs of the organization.
• Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with
purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
• Obtains end user approvals/sign offs on all shipments received.
• Scans packing slips and maintains respective electronic receiving records.
• Communicates and resolves any shipping discrepancies with end users and vendors.
• Works closely with Accounts Payable/Accounting to ensure timely processing of receipts for
month end deadlines.
• Enters receiving batches into Great Plains accounting software.
• Ensures all receiving batches are entered accurately and completely (for quantities, items and
• Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
• Collaborates and communicates with customer service representatives, service providers, and
others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
• Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
• Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries and sorts and stocks receivables.
• Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
• Maintains a perpetual state of readiness.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred and ideally a minimum of 5 years of related experience in a medical device, biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
• In depth knowledge of the Shipping & Receiving function and the ability to support the needs of
• Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
• Extensive experience managing direct reports and functional teams and influencing and development of teams.
• Strong cross-functional leadership and communication skills are required to ensure progress and
compliance with programs in areas where this role does not directly report.
• Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement Shipping & Receiving systems and
• Strong technical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a
demonstrated ability to maintain clear, accurate and up-to-date records.
• Self-motivated, flexible, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• 100% on-site work at locations in San Diego, CA.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to
follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and
• Must be able to work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers etc. that may require
• Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees
within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required
from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and reference job
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company
dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune
disorders. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and
manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell
(iPSC) product platform. The Company's immuno-oncology product candidates include natural killer (NK)
cell and T-cell cancer immunotherapies, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer
therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor
associated antigens with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). The Company's immuno-regulatory product
candidates include ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being
evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-
derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune
disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit