United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
SharePoint Online migration and adoption: Migrate SharePoint 2013 sites to SharePoint Online site collections, and develop expertise in the SharePoint add-ons such as Flows, Power BI, PowerApps, Teams and Planner. Assist in user training during migration. Support transition from current SharePoint 2013 on-premise experience to the modern SharePoint Online experience that enables seamless knowledge management and collaboration.
- Develop strong technical expertise for Microsoft collaboration and knowledge management tools.
- Develop programming code to integrate Microsoft tools with other existing Gilead platforms
- Author knowledge documents and provide training to users for enhancing their experience in leveraging the SharePoint Online desktop and mobile experience for knowledge management and collaboration
- Demonstrate key features in SharePoint Online that improves usability and enables collaboration.
- Assess end user impact and readiness for migration to SharePoint Online.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Communications or a related discipline.
- Understands Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated skills with Windows, MS Office, SharePoint, O365, modern collaboration tools and one programming language (e.g. .Net, C++)
- Excellent understanding of Cloud Computing technology
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, networking)
- Curiosity to learn new technology to support modern workplace's collaboration and knowledge management needs
- High learning agility
- Able to visualize data creatively in variety of formats to meet needs of various stakeholders. Demonstrate ability to use data to influence strategic decision making.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Possess effective networking skills.
- Proven critical thinking & analytical skills - problem diagnosis, resolution options, successful plan execution.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.