Associate Director, Informatics
Our Mission: Developing curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
At Intellia, we are committed to solving the complex challenges of making CRISPR/Cas9-based medicines a reality for patients suffering from genetic diseases and to create novel engineered cell therapies for immuno-oncological and autoimmune diseases.
Intellia Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Director of Informatics to support the development of CRISPR/Cas9 based therapeutics. This position is an opportunity to contribute to diverse aspects of Intellia's bioinformatics platform including overseeing the management of computational scientists and projects, working with bench scientists, and performing analyses of genomics datasets. Specifically, this position will focus on leading projects and people to perform computational analyses to aid in the development of cell therapies for immuno-oncology.
- Develop and support NGS pipelines using commonly utilized tools (BWA, bowtie, samtools, etc.)
- Apply rigorous statistical methods for testing hypotheses on processed data
- Familiarity with SQL and the use of relational databases
- Work with scientists to develop computational methods and tools to support new assays and implement data analyses
- Create scientifically rigorous visualizations, communications, and presentations of results
- BS/MS in Bioinformatics or related field with 10+ years of industry experience
- PhD in Bioinformatics or related field with 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience managing computational scientists and projects
- Demonstrated ability to write code in R, Python, Perl, or C++
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting/bash
- Experience processing and analyzing biological data, specifically sequencing data
- Ability to translate user requirements into analysis pipelines or tools
- Strong communication, time management, and presentation skills
- Experience with software development in a cloud environment (AWS) is a plus
- Preferred experience working with immuno-oncology or cancer genomics datasets
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.