Predicine Inc. is an international precision medicine organization that is committed to developing the first- and best-in-class precision diagnostics products to enable precision medicine and to address the unmet medical needs in US, China, and worldwide. At Predicine, we believe that people are our most vital assets and we are dedicated to creating a great place to work. We value a culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility, productivity, and teamwork, and invite people who share the same values to join us.
We seek a highly motivated and talented scientist to lead biomarker assay development efforts in support of oncology drug development and personalized patient care. This position requires an adaptable scientist to address the many demands of technology development, biomarker validation, cutting-edge technologies in cancer disease areas. For this position, a strong background in molecular, cellular, genomic and/or epigenomic assays, evidenced by peer-reviewed publications in professional journals, is expected. Practical experience in cancer biomarker and disease biology would be an important asset. The successful candidate is expected to effectively develop and execute on innovative projects, publish exciting research in high quality scientific, technical or medical journals, present at professional meetings and promote collaborative efforts to push precision translational sciences forward. This successful individual is expected to be, or develop into, externally recognized expert in precision diagnostics and medicine.
Who you are
In adding new members to our team, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture.
- PhD degree in life sciences with >3 years of work experience in basic or cancer related research field either in an academic or industry laboratory setting.
- Extensive assay development knowledge and experience with multiplex PCR molecular tests.
- Preference will be given to individuals who had previous experience with next generation sequencing-based platforms (MiSeq, HiSeq, NovaSeq, RRBS, ChIP-Seq, MeDip etc.).
- Experience with epigenetics or epigenomics including DNA bisulfite conversion and methylation assay, miRNA assay or single cell NGS assay is a plus.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate others and to distill complex issues and clearly articulate solutions.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, proactive, and dedicated. Outstanding organizational, time management, and people interaction skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, strong attention to details, flexible and willing to multi-task in a rapidly evolving scientific context.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- The scientist will be responsible for the development and implementation of the nuclear acid-based (DNA and RNA) liquid biopsy assays.
- Act as the technical project leader for multiple projects.
- Oversee and actively participates in the design and execution of the assay development and validation.
- Perform troubleshooting for methods and procedures.
- Effectively manage team works, prepare SOPs and reports.
- Thrive in a highly interactive, fast-paced and dynamic team environment, and actively participate in internal/external collaboration.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure timely delivery of the technology transfer.
- Other duties as assigned.