R&D Associate - In Vivo Imaging
The Cardiovascular Group is seeking a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to join a group that is dedicated to advancing drug discovery projects and exploring novel biology within Regeneron's fast paced environment.
The qualified individual, under the mentorship of a Senior R&D Specialist, will be responsible for performing and supporting in-vivo cardiovascular imaging studies in support of novel Regeneron compounds in development, phenotyping of genetically modified mice, and novel target discovery.
This as an opportunity to work on groundbreaking cardiovascular research, while developing crucial skills and experience vital to become highly proficient in cardiac imaging and in vivo research.
Together, we can enable you to set off on a career trajectory of iterative learning and development, working with specialists in the field of in vivo drug discovery and development.
A Typical Day In the Role Might Look Like:
- Execute in vivo imaging acquisition (Ultrasound, CT, PET, etc.) of pharmacological, surgical or Regeneron test article experiments and provide imaging support
- Analyze imaging data, preserve data management/storage within pacs system, draw conclusions from results and be able to troubleshoot instrumental/experimental problems
- Rodent handling, dosing, bleeding, urine and tissue collection
- Provide surgical support during telemetry implantation and surgical model execution;
- Document experimental results in electronic laboratory notebook and present findings at group and departmental meetings;
- General digital literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams and/or Skype, Prism and Pubmed;
- This is a technical position. The person in this role will spend a large percentage of their time in the laboratory conducting experiments.
This position requires a Bachelor's and/or master's degree in the areas of Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Physiology, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Biotechnology, Cell biology, Genetics, etc. with 0-3 years of research experience.
Experience in rodent handling, dosing (s.c., i.p., p.o., i.v., etc.), bleeding (RO, tail, etc.), urine and tissue collection is a must.
A strong passion for biological science and technology, a willingness to follow, learn new techniques and self-drive to advance in the space is also needed.
Experience with ultrasound and/or cardiovascular physiology experience is highly desired, but not necessary.
It is strongly suggested that applicant include a cover letter describing their interest and research experience with their application.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.