Portfolio Program Manager
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Our technologists and business consultants are shaping the technical landscape through which transformational work gets done across Development at AbbVie. Our portfolio program leaders ensure alignment between strategy and the achievement of initiatives to support growth, increase project success rates, and achieve business value creation.
- Successful candidates will manage and/or participate in the following types of engagements for our clients:
- Program management across multiple work streams in technology initiatives, requiring significant change management activity
- Maintaining accuracy related to portfolio project spend, LBE, and ancillary financial processes as per AbbVie process.
- Establishing an appropriate level of transparency and governance around specific high-risk, critical investment initiatives
- Aligning program performance and individual workstreams to achieve business outcomes, establishing high levels of accountability and rewarding results
- Leadership of program health assessments with recommendations for recovery and course correction
- Advisory on PMO governance, processes, procedures, and best practices, including practices regarding program design, execution and governance for the entire program life cycle (intake to completion) while maintaining appropriate flexibility to respond to differing client needs from one initiative to the other
- Create and maintain productive relationships among key client personnel and external business partners / customers by driving high levels of collaboration with internal customers and partners across the business
- Portfolio program management - from planning to execution to knowledge transfer
- Oversees development and balancing of program plans for successful execution
- Works with cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team to ensure alignment with goals and objectives - including benefit realization, organization alignment (Target Operating Model), processes and skills
- Actively participates and coordinates program-level interactions with sponsors to ensure proper implementation of programs and projects
- Acts as liaison to internal and external constituencies, vendors, sponsors, etc.
- Drives governance oversight of policy and operational changes required in support of business transformation goals
- Oversight of appropriate project management and, where directed, project engagement activities.
- Manages resources, budgets, and deliverables
- Proactively identifies and manages issues to resolution
- Proactively identifies and mitigates risks with a "look-forward" window of 3-6 months
- A proven success record for transformational change (consulting experience a plus) that demonstrates abilities to work closely with line of business executives (technical and operational) and line personnel
- Exhibit a strong understanding and effective navigation of matrixed operating environments
- Experience with and a strong understanding of Agile and Waterfall principles and methodologies
- Effective oversight and control of PMO structures and processes (e.g., portfolio management, resource/workload management)
- Strong skills in project/program management and PMO tools such as MS Project, Planview, Clarity
- Ability to coach and mentor Project Managers and team members on project methodology and tools
- Keep current on professional best practices through professional literature and training workshops.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong Business Analysis skills a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- 10-15 years+ of proven experience in various aspects of project/program management and PMO operations (e.g., project/program management, portfolio management, planning/governance, business analysis/process and application development) and in use/application of project/program and portfolio management best practices
- Exposure managing significant capital and human labor investments in technology programs in support of business advancements.
- Clear understanding and experience in project and portfolio governance approaches (including but not limited to PMI, waterfall, iterative, Agile, Scrum, and OPM3)
- Experience with project /program/portfolio intake/alignment and funding models
- Ability to leverage past experience to provide strategic guidance to executive leadership on Business and IT initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, persuade, influence others and manage conflict to successful, productive conclusion
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.