Atomwise is a leading artificial intelligence (AI) drug discovery company in San Francisco, CA. We develop and use patented AI technology to help companies and universities develop therapies that will improve human health and agricultural productivity. Atomwise believes you do your best work when you’re on a team that values your contributions.
We’re looking for candidates who have experience in biology or biochemistry to manage assay selection for our drug discovery pipeline. This is an exciting position on our production team with the potential for growth and advancement.
- Help in the selection or creation of assays, including binding, activity, cellular and ADMET, for a variety of targets in our own drug discovery pipeline
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure alignment of goals and effort
- Communicate progress, key developments, and problems to your supervisor and major stakeholders in the form of presentations, meetings, and reports.
- Ensure all deliverables meet the highest standards and are completed on time
- Plan agendas for meetings with both CROs and internal partners
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or chemistry
- Familiarity with preclinical drug discovery
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- The right person for this role has a can-do attitude. No task is too small.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in project management
- 3+ years of Experience in preclinical drug discovery in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, or contract research organization (CRO)
- Experience in Computer-Aided Drug Design: structure/ligand-based drug design, molecular docking, virtual screening, QSAR, pharmacophore modeling, PK/PD data analysis and modeling
When applying, please provide
- A cover letter
- A resume
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with 4% match
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- High performance culture
- Great colleagues
Atomwise is an equal opportunity employer and strives to foster an inclusive workplace. Our mission is to develop better medicines faster, and we know that we need a diverse team to develop medicines that serve diverse populations. Accordingly, the Company does not make any employment decisions (including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, and promotions) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Atomwise is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if eligible to work in the U.S.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.