Commercial Insights Manager
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Capabilities, Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) provides the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
The Commercial Insights Manager will be responsible for delivering HCP (healthcare provider) and Consumer primary market research and insights as a part of a team supporting Amgen's inflammation brands within the US and Global structure. The individual in this role will work to provide refined market understanding and actionable outputs.
The successful candidate is a business partner and will learn to work through complex processes in day-to-day execution of primary market research, as well as participating in the long-term insight generation plan to support the Marketing teams.
Understanding that one of the roles of Commercial Data and Analytics (CD&A) is to act as internal consultants to the brand teams, the communication and interpersonal skills of this person will set them apart from others and blend with their technical ability to execute primary market research, both qualitative and quantitative.
Your goal will be to find the "So What" in the data and that responsibility will be important.
This position will report to the Enbrel Commercial Insights Lead within CD&A.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Execute primary market research projects, understanding how the projects support the needs of the Brand Team and contributing to building the insight generation plan required to meet those needs
- Learn processes and support key annual activities including Executive Reviews, Brand Planning, Budgeting and business case support by providing objective, insights
- Work with Insights Team to help translate Brand Strategy in to leading measures, insight requirements and deliver them in a clear, concise manner
- Work to translate the primary market research findings available into actionable insights
- Be a positive team member to the other CD&A roles, supporting their work and learning the underlying drivers of the results seen, to help constructively challenge the next stages of any analysis
- Work to improve team capabilities by researching and implementing new research tools, internal and external standard methodologies, etc.
Master's degree and 2 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
- Consulting experience within the pharma space
- Experience in the area of pharma market data analytics/manipulation and primary market research techniques
- Analytical skills and the ability to take complex information sets and translate them to actionable outcomes
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and findings clearly
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Proven project management skills and experience in prioritizing responsibilities, tasks and projects
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.