Process Development Scientist, Viral Vectors
- A newly-formed viral vector group within a progressive cell therapy startup seeks a process development scientist to help advance robust and scalable processes for upstream development of clinical viral vectors.
- Will research, evaluate, design, and implement novel process technologies as a key strategic technical leader and innovator applying knowledge and creative-insights to identify new ways to improve systems and practices.
- Will develop and support process optimization efforts to increase viral robustness, yield, and purity.
- Will design and execute experiments and present results to team members and senior staff.
- Will interact regularly with high-caliber, dedicated, and collaborative scientists and engineers from diverse disciplines while conducting pioneering science in a dynamic and mutually supportive work environment.
- Unique cell therapy startup with a seasoned & supportive senior management team, a cutting edge technical platform, exceptionally-skilled teams, and a highly-collaborative work culture.
- PhD, MS, or BS in relevant science or engineering discipline..
- Experience in process development focused in viral development, production, and analytics.
- Hands-on experience in applying qPCR / flow cytometry, in bioreactor process development and use for viral manufacturing, and in medium selection and optimization.
- Experience identifying novel systems and practices.
- Experience developing and supporting process optimization to increase process robustness and improve viral yield and purity.
- Self-directed, organized, thorough, and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the proven ability to work well within a highly collaborative team.
- Use BioSpace link or email resume directly to email@example.com using job code PD-VV.