Associate Director, Manufacturing - Cell-Therapy Company
- High-impact, high-visibility cell therapy manufacturing leadership role for cutting-edge Bay Area startup that develops cell therapies for diverse indications
- Requires broad expertise in cell therapy or viral vector GMP manufacturing operations.
- Offers a significant career-growth pathway for a proactive and strategic thinker able to tackle complex GMP projects.
- Will oversee all external (i.e., CMO) manufacturing activities.
- Will lead internal collaborations among all CMO-affiliated internal teams to optimize internal/external coordination.
- Will lead the eventual transfer of external manufacturing activities to an on-site facility to expand internal manufacturing capacity; this phase will include the oversight of the qualification and the commissioning of new equipment and the coordination with internal teams to address space and tech needs.
- Reports directly to the head of manufacturing.
- This unique and growing CT startup offers a seasoned & supportive senior management team, a cutting edge tech platform, an exceptionally-skilled and dedicated workforce, and a highly-collaborative culture.
- BS, MS, or PhD in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline.
- Several years’ experience in cell therapy or viral vector GMP-compliant manufacturing operational leadership.
- Expertise supervising CMO activities and the expertise to eventually facilitate the bringing of these manufacturing activities in-house.
- Experience in manufacturing-facility startup, manufacturing equipment qualification, SOP’s, batch scaleup, tech transfer from process development, and quality improvement.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills in addressing and overcoming diverse challenges.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and flexibility to collaborate effectively among diverse disciplines.
- Use BioSpace link or email resume directly to email@example.com using code MFG-AD.