IT Services Technician 2
The IT Service Technician 2 provides services directly to end users of the Grifols IT platforms and services. The person in this role provides expert technical advice and incident resolution to IT system users; advises and participates in project teams in evaluating infrastructure and workplace functionality, capabilities, and options. The IT Service Technician 2 performs incident management, monitoring, and maintenance of software and/or hardware platforms to ensure infrastructure performance and availability for end users. Investigates emerging trends and technologies as input to IT service delivery planning and process improvement.
Relationship Management, Planning, and Strategic Alignment
- Builds effective and trusting working relationships with all business and IT partners in areas of responsibility and collaboration.
- Continuously improves knowledge of business processes, industry trends, and IT systems to better communicate IT capabilities and support IT solutions development.
- Contributes to the definition, development, and maintenance of IT strategic and operational plans that support Grifols' mission, values, and business objectives.
- Takes an active role in the development and management of the IT project portfolio.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams, IT management, and other technical staff to resolve IT system incidents and changes and to support implementation of new technologies.
- Establishes trust with end users during short and long term interactions to support IT's service delivery goals.
- Develops effective working relationships with external service providers supporting service in area of responsibility; evaluates and oversees contractor teams as required.
Project Delivery and Management
- Proactively identifies project risks and issues; helps determine necessary escalation, mitigation, and resolution steps.
- Regularly communicates deliverables status, concerns, and issues to direct Manager, the Project Manager, and the project team.
- Participates in estimating project cost and time requirements, Assessing capabilities and support/resource requirements in area of responsibility.
- Creates, reviews, updates, and may approve required documentation for changes and projects as assigned in accordance with IT Methodology.
- Plays a lead role in adoption management of new systems, functions, and technologies, including the development and delivery of end user training as assigned.
- Participates in the planning of projects of varying size and complexity, contributing Information based on specific expertise.
- Performs modification of systems and coordinates system deployment through going live in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provides second level post go-live support for a wide range of system and technology deployments.
- Guides and supports project team members, including mentoring and training more junior members of the team.
IT Operational Support
- Ensures IT quality, legal, and regulatory compliance through adherence to quality control standards in all activities.
- Contributes to the development, documentation, and evolution of IT policies, procedures, and tools to align with business and IT strategies and ensure sustainability of services.
- Continuously improves level of expertise in technical and professional skills required to perform assigned job duties.
- Regularly communicates individual task status, open issues, and challenges to impacted stakeholders and/or direct manager.
- Monitors and addresses assigned issues and changes to ensure timely resolution; updates stakeholders regularly on progress.
- Performs administration of IT systems to maintain effective operation and consistent availability.
- Participates and advises in the continuous enhancement of systems and services to improve IT effectiveness and system performance.
- Addresses user inquiries and support requests, often communicating directly with users by phone, email, or other means requiring superior customer service skills.
- Utilizes expert technical and problem solving skills to research and resolve technical issues in the area supported; escalates unresolved problems to the appropriate resources.
- Gathers feedback on systems performance and user expectations, reporting significant trends and service level variances to management.
Knowledge Sharing and Consulting
- Participates in the education of partners in industry and IT best practices in areas of responsibility and expertise.
- Mentors peers and junior level staff with both challenging and routine assignments by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Contributes to planning technology adoption and integration with existing systems based on areas of responsibility and experience.
- Participates in the development of user education and information documents.
- Assists staff and management in the evaluation of emerging technologies for the company.
IT Service Delivery and Process Capabilities Assurance - Common to all IT Roles
- Understands and applies continuous improvement principles to business and IT processes in area of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with technology policies and regulatory requirements and takes appropriate action to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Proactively seeks and addresses operational opportunities for cost reduction while maintaining or improving IT efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops and promotes ideas for the continuous improvement of IT technologies, services, and procedures with IT leadership and the IT Process Improvement team.
- Actively identifies and advises IT management of potential business, technical, and compliance risks relating to the delivery of IT services.
Performs routine to highly complex assignments efficiently and independently. Supports management in the evaluation and instruction of contract employees performing similar tasks. Maintains and shares an expert level of knowledge of at least one specific area of IT technology platforms.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Requires Good level of skill and experience in:
- IT systems architecture
- Testing and requirements traceability methods
- Training documentation and delivery
- Project management methodologies and tools
- Provide support for Server Infrastructure when remote assistance is needed
- Virtual Machine comprehension and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledgeable of Lab environments
- Assist Lab environment with Virtual Machines (reboot, troubleshoot application errors, etc.)
Requires Advanced level of skill and experience in:
- Desktop applications used in role
- System lifecycle management
- Change and adoption management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Decision-making and agility
- Estimating, budgeting, and forecasting
- External service provider management
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Process improvement principles
- Risk management
- Assist with gathering logs and perform troubleshooting with guidance from infrastructure teams
Requires Excellent level of skill and experience in:
- Software and Hardware troubleshooting
- Identify complicated issues and notify management as needed for resolution
- Infrastructure maintenance and management
- Knowledge of IT services, processes, and operating models
- Analyzing and solving problems
- Interpersonal relationship management
- Root cause analysis
- working independently and in a global team environment
- written and spoken communications
Requires Expert level of skill and experience in:
- Empowerment and accountability
- Networking and collaboration
- Negotiating and influencing
- Customer Service
Positions in Spain: Proficiency in Spanish and advanced ability in English required
Positions in NA: Proficiency in English required; ability to communicate effectively in Spanish desirable
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related field. May require documented training and certification in specific technologies or platforms.
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years related experience with an Associate's degree; 8 years with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent experience
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.