Associate Director of Toxicology
Yoh Life Sciences is actively seeking Associate Director - Toxicology candidates for a precision medicine client in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you have a passion for Oncology Drug Discovery then this may be the right position for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Toxicology on Project Teams and be responsible for the nonclinical safety assessment program for novel target/therapeutic candidates.
- Develop strong knowledge of the basic biology of the intended target of drug candidates to determine potential liabilities associated with target inhibition and subsequent strategy for early safety screening.
- Manage all aspects of outsourced nonclinical safety studies, including CRO selection, study design, study monitoring and data and report review.
- Design and lead investigative toxicology studies as necessary dependent upon project needs.
- Communicate findings to key stakeholders, both internal and external, and support and advance project goals and objectives.
- Be able to advise teams on current nonclinical safety regulatory guidelines and standard practices.
- Author regulatory documents such as relevant sections of IND submissions, Investigator Brochures, etc.
- Ph.D. in toxicology or a related field and 5+ years of toxicology experience in the pharmaceutical industry, DABT certification preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in nonclinical safety assessment of small molecules from discovery through development.
- Experience managing CROs.
- Strong familiarity with Regulatory guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.