Senior R&D Informatics Product Owner
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Senior R&D Informatics Product Owner
Development Sciences Informatics is seeking a talented and experienced Informatician to lead informatics efforts. Development Sciences (DevSci) is a translational science organization that plays a critical role in Genentech Research and Early Development as well as late stage development of our products at Roche. DevSci supports drug discovery and development projects across all therapeutic areas from discovery to launch and beyond. We are poised at a unique time when large volumes of complex and varied internal and external data needs to be readily accessible to ensure that swift interpretation and decision making can occur. These data impact decisions in ongoing preclinical and clinical programs, and provide key knowledge to inform new target discovery. DevSci Informatics is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
- Serve as product owner for multiple, large-scale informatics systems responsible for the entire system lifecycle.
- Act as the primary informatics point of contact for large scientific functions.
- Independently lead large and small informatics efforts. Responsible for project vision, strategy, resources, budget, timelines, vendor and stakeholder management.
- Partner closely with scientists and group leaders to envision, implement, and support informatics tools and business processes that enhance our ability to acquire, store, transform, visualize and analyze data.
- Lead scientific business analysis efforts to understand current and emerging needs.
- Evaluate new technologies, practices and vendors that could increase scientific capabilities and/or efficiencies.
- Oversee the ongoing support, maintenance and evolution of informatics systems.
- Manage junior informatics analysts and contract services.
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Thorough understanding of R&D processes and scientific data life cycle. Familiarity with biomarkers, PK/PD, toxicology/pathology data and both clinical and nonclinical studies.
- Proven track record of leading complex scientific informatics projects. Ability to make project decisions independently.
- Up to date knowledge of informatics technology trends and utilities in general, and in particular for pharmaceutical research and development. Familiarity with informatics systems, relational and non-relational databases, cloud computing capabilities, scripting languages, and data visualization tools. Working knowledge of scientific research applications development cycles, data management techniques and infrastructure requirements.
- Experience working with CROs and CRO data is preferred.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Scientific degree with 12+ years of relevant experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
Who We Are
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and
life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.