Coverage & Pricing Senior Manager
Within Global Commercial Operations, we have the capabilities, resources, and strength of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurial spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We are committed to promoting and maintaining an inclusive, high-performing culture and encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments and ongoing career development!
The Coverage & Pricing Senior Manager is a key member of the U.S. Value & Access organization responsible for developing and executing the pricing and payer coverage contracting strategies to achieve and maintain payer coverage goals. This individual will engage with subject matter specialists and business unit leadership while leading quantitative and qualitative pricing/contracting analyses to support the contacting strategy across Amgen's Oncology portfolio. In this role, you will also collaborate with finance to estimate the overall contracting impact on sales volume goals, discount rates, and long term planning.
The Senior Manager will collect, analyze and synthesize cross-functional information across a variety of sources to support scenario-planning and customer insight development. In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, the candidate will be a key support for the Market Access and contracting teams for coverage and pricing negotiations, specifically for oncology products including but not limited to biosimilars. This role interacts cross functionally with Value Strategy & Marketing, Patient Access, Ecosystems & Insights, Sales, Brand Marketing, Government Affairs, Trade & Distribution, Business Unit Leadership, Finance, Accounting, and Legal. The position will also work with our field-based Market Access team to engage customers in the regional markets to present contract offerings across the oncology portfolio to gain coverage that aligns with each brand's coverage goals.
This role will provide the opportunity to contribute to launch products and will include the potential for leading a direct report.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the oncology Latest Estimate Discount Rate (LEDR) process, pricing and contracting scenarios, contract decisions, LEDR and LRS management
- Lead pre-deal analytics to establish viability, profitability and recommendations regarding future coverage scenarios
- Constructively challenge teams by providing disconfirming information and encouraging innovative problem solving
- Support dashboard activities
- Routinely interact with senior leadership and other high-level, cross functional committees or teams
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners; seeks agreement and provides on-going support to address business needs
- Ensure alignment in strategy and pull through of the plan with cross-functional teams including Brand, Medical, Patient Access, Value Marketing, GHE, Trade, and Policy
Doctorate degree and 2 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
Master's degree and 4 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
Associate's degree and 10 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
- Prior experience in contracts and pricing, direct payor experience or value marketing and have a good foundational understanding of the US payor environment.
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills and the ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving, and lead pull through
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity; ability to see the big picture; ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses
- Strong leadership skills with the competence to influence different styles
- Previous experience building financial models and/or working with large amounts of data
- Experience navigating the evolving U.S. healthcare system with specific interest on the interactions between Government and Healthcare.
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership
We understand that to sustain, grow as and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do! We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.