Precision Biosciences is seeking a Program Manager to drive the progression of cell and gene therapy programs through research to preclinical and early stage clinical development. Key aspects of this role will be to support programs during the transition from research to development programs and to drive overall program activities including developing and tracking of program timelines and plans. The Program Manager will be the focal point for team communications including meeting organization and follow-up and will facilitate the use of program management tools throughout company.
The Program Manager will report to the PMO Head and contribute to establishing and maintaining consistent use of tools, standards processes, and governance. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, participative program manager, who will make significant contributions to advancing the program portfolio within a diverse R&D organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Collaborate with Therapeutic Discovery or Development Program Leaders to integrate, document and communicate program plans, track progress and re-forecast as necessary in conjunction with the team
- Manage program timelines, deliverables, risks, metrics and budget
- Organize team meetings including agendas, pre-work, minutes, actions and overall program correspondence
- Assist with execution of program plans within a team environment and institute a development pathway with decision stage gates
- Collaborate with Lab Heads of Therapeutic Discovery/Gene Therapy Research, Core Technology, and Cell Therapy Research to maintain a detailed overview of all research programs as they advance towards candidate nomination and into further development
- Report status of all research program plans, deliverables, timelines and progress to the Chief Scientific Officer and leadership team
- Help manage and coordinate program related CRO activities and studies
- Interface with Finance to coordinate and improve accuracy of budgeting, accounting and forecasting for program related activities
- Maintain close working relationships with program team members and Function Leaders (e.g., Research, Nonclinical, CMC, Clinical, Regulatory) to ensure that all critical parties are aware of program activity, issues and contingencies
- Develop and implement communication tools that enhance information exchange and stimulate creative program interactions
- Assist Research and Development Program Leaders in preparing slide decks and information for ongoing program team meetings, reviews, board meetings, scientific presentations and other appropriate meetings
- Strive to identify and resolve issues arising on the program
- Be a champion of change, support company decisions, and help teams to understand factors and priorities leading to decisions
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Advanced degree in science, business or equivalent is preferred
- Experience with cell and gene therapies is preferred
- 5+ years experience in scientific project leadership or program management in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Broad knowledge of drug discovery and development processes using industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated track record in managing projects and programs from Research through preclinical Development and an understanding of IND and early clinical requirements
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process
- The ability to effectively communicate data and results, both internally and externally, and to manage collaborations with academia and industry partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, team building, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Established ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong initiative and a can-do attitude, excellent organizational skills, proven effectiveness in a quick-changing, fast-paced environment, excellent people skills, and a proven record as a team player
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and MS Teams; experience with Smartsheet is a plus
- The position may require limited travel (5-10%).
- This is a primarily office-based position associated with the [main headquarters/MCAT/Elo] in downtown Durham, NC. For the time being, this role will be able to function remotely in accordance with company safety guidelines throughout the duration of the pandemic but is subject to change as needed.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. is dedicated to improving life by developing advanced tools to edit DNA with a uniquely specific approach. Our proprietary method relies on a single small enzyme, ARC Nuclease, which combines cutting with sequence recognition and can be redesigned to find and edit new target sites across the genome. This simple, powerful gene editing solution allows us to create products that solve not just treat, but solve significant problems in oncology, genetic disease, agriculture, and beyond. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented, committed people who are excited to be a part of the medical and scientific breakthroughs enabled by Precisions next generation gene editing technology. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.