Sr Director, Ophthalmology Marketing
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
- Lead the professional marketing team to develop branded and unbranded HCP specialty-focused programs and personal selling tools that expand utilization of TEPEZZA and transform disease understanding, referral approach and treatment of TED.
- Partner with SOC/Payer Marketing, Patient Services, and Patient Engagement Marketing to ensure effective pull through post clinical conviction by developing resources and processes to simplify patient onboarding by HCPs and their office staff.
- Partner with the Digital Marketing team to develop and execute a digital promotional strategy and outline execution by specialty that supports the Ecosystem business model. Support expansion of the Veeva platform and ensure a model for measuring effectiveness and ongoing evaluation of utilization and training approaches.
- Coach and develop direct reports to prepare for growth within and/or beyond the brand.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop and implement a brand strategy designed to expand appropriate utilization and evolution of thinking in the treatment of Thyroid Eye Disease. Ensure execution of brand plan and measure against goals allowing for optimization as needed.
- Work with internal market research partners to design, develop and lead research and uncover insights and incorporate into all promotional materials. Leverage business insights to provide input into the development and review of brand strategy, tactical plans and overall program effectiveness.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the disease state, competitive landscape and therapeutic management of the space.
- Gain feedback on and track marketing program effectiveness/ROI and continuously strive to optimize marketing programs.
- Effectively and consistently execute multiple, simultaneous projects and manage resources to ensure deliverables are on time, on budget, and answer business objectives. Manage project timelines and budgets.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- 15+ years' experience in marketing/sales preferably in ophthalmology and/or endocrinology.
- Experience with Buy and Bill biologics a plus.
- Excellent leadership, project management and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience developing and nurturing physician and HCP relationships.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate analysis into strategy.
- Thorough knowledge of FDA regulations.
- Requires approximately 30% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.