Associate Director, Commercial Strategy (Ophthamology)
Ciao! At Dompé , our success is rooted in our team and our history. We are a private, rapidly growing global biopharmaceutical company. Founded in Milan, Italy, we have a 165-year legacy of medical innovation. Dompé’s rich history has greatly influenced its priorities today: to innovate for the benefit of patients facing both everyday wellness needs and rare conditions. Dompé operates in two strategic areas in select markets around the world: Primary Care, which includes prescription and over-the-counter products; and Biotechnology and Rare Disease, which recently expanded into the United States.
Today Dompé has 700 employees worldwide and we are excited to be rapidly scaling in the United States. Our R&D hub is currently based in Boston, and the commercial organization is housed in the San Francisco Bay Area.
YOUR ROLE AT DOMPÉ
The Associate Director of Commercial Strategy (Ophthalmology) reports to the Sr. Director, Commercial Strategy – Ophthalmology Business and will be responsible for developing strategies and driving projects that expand Dompé’s Ophthalmology business.
Strategic marketing, analytical, problem solving, communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills are required. Below is a list of key responsibilities:
- Develop scientific expertise in anterior segment diseases of interest including neurotrophic keratitis and understand product and customer landscape
- Lead cross-functional project teams for key strategic ophthalmology projects. These projects can range from go-to-market strategy in new geographies, new indication strategy, to enhancements to our current business / products based on opportunities within NK market. Work cross-functionally to understand input from key stakeholders and develop strategies to execute
- Launch support / strategy for new Oxervate indications including market sizing, demand planning, and market insights development
- Perform commercial market assessments on Ophthalmology BD assets and internal pipeline assets to identify market drivers and potential. Leverage public information, commercially available reports, internal medical resources, and conduct primary market research to inform the analysis
- Design primary market research, and in some cases conduct expert interviews under CDA, to inform the commercial strategy. Also managing consulting teams through extensive due diligence assessments as needed
- Work with global team to identify innovation projects that help meet ophthalmology and Oxervate customer needs and drive internal coordination for development and implementation
- Leverage patient flow modeling and forecasting assumptions along with decision analysis methodologies to make strategic commercial choices regarding go to market strategies.
- Frame your output and effectively communicate results. A key skill set will be the capability to frame various options and tradeoffs that are able to be used for decision making across functional teams.
- US and global leadership / executive teams
- Market access
- Business development
- Market research agencies
- Consulting firms
- Key opinion leaders and other experts
- Ophthalmology medical professionals
- Ophthalmology innovation companies/potential partners
- 3+ years work experience in business development, strategic consulting, or other analytical work in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industries
- 2+ years experience working internally for a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company in marketing/market planning or other commercial function
- 5+ years working in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred with an undergraduate degree in science or business
- Product launch experience
- Experience in a “start-up” or small company environment preferred
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to triangulate various sources of information
- Strategic agility and a track record of delivering insights to drive decision making in a drug development context
- Excellent professional written and verbal communications skills
- Experience developing Excel-based models and quantitative analysis, and delivering output to drive executive team decision making
- Skilled collaborator who is sought out as analytical expert and strategic thought partner
- Critical thinker who is comfortable making recommendations when all the information is not available
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment, and is able to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simplify approach based on priorities
- Understands and appreciates the value created by seeking diverse perspectives and approaches from the team
- The desire to actively solicit feedback on performance and skill development needs
We are seeking team members who will live by and promote the core values of our Dompé culture: Integrity, Teamwork and Curiosity. We are looking for individuals who possess an entrepreneurial spirit, flexible attitude, and adaptable nature to join our growing team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.