Engineer, Technology I
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Identify, engineer, and optimize new data, software, and technology solutions in order to address critical business needs in a timely manner. Read and adapt literature and publically available information to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate broad and versatile technical expertise in software development, data warehousing, statistics, data visualization and/or technology infrastructure (including servers, storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments). Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure.
- Independently design and develop data, software, or technology solutions to answer scientific or business questions.
- Demonstrate proficiency across a range of technologies related to the storage, transfer, integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data sets.
- Develop and confidently deliver internal presentations to all levels including senior leaders
- Monthly financial processing/review for projects and recovery
- Proactively coordinate with various cross-functional teams to effectively recommend solutions and support meetings/events at the senior and executive leadership levels
- Possess fundamental understanding of networking and telecom designs to support enterprise applications
- Analyzes and resolves technical problems using analytical problem-solving methods/techniques
- Consistently deliver projects in a timely manner. Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives, and modify approach when required.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress.
- Implement new methods and technologies.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.