Associate Director, Pipeline Development
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT
This South San Francisco based position will be key member of the Global Commercial Planning Team that is focused on the commercial growth opportunities for GBT. This individual will play an important role in the Product Development Team, providing commercial input throughout the development of pipeline therapeutics. The position will partner with multiple functional partners such as market insights & analytics, medical affairs, corporate development, regulatory, marketing, and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an active member of Product Development Team for pipeline molecules to provide commercial & global insights that inform development and lifecycle plan
- Develop product strategy, positioning, target product profiles, clinical and value story to optimize the value of molecule
- Manage external consulting partners to update commercial assessments as needed and proactively seek out ways to improve internal thinking
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders on integrating asset-level strategies into disease area strategy
- Conduct commercial assessments of internal and potential external assets, and create sound business cases to inform key decisions
- Proactively monitor and evaluate market developments and changes in competitive landscape in relevant therapeutic areas
- Generate insights from primary and secondary market research to inform organizational decision making
- Develop target product profile based on understanding of mechanism of molecule, pre-clinical and clinical data, needs of patients, providers, and payers
- Contribute to annual portfolio review, annual brand planning, tactical planning, and budgeting.
- Identify and manage outside vendors and budget
- BA/BS, advanced degree strongly preferred (MBA, PhD, MS, MPH) with a minimum of 8+ years of relevant industry experience in pipeline and marketed products or roles in strategy consulting, product development
- Previous experience in a commercial assessment role that required comprehensive understanding of therapeutic markets from multiple customer perspectives (e.g., patients, HCP, payers)
- Solid understanding and experience in drug development process and commercialization
- Proven ability to navigate complex situations, gather insights, think strategically, provide analytical support, and make sound recommendations with appropriate stakeholder buy-in
- Global experience preferred
- Strong project management skills with oversight experience in both internal and external projects are necessary; demonstrated multitasking, time management skills and experience completing projects on budget
- Strong and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in influencing or leading cross-functional teams, excellent skills in leading independently, and negotiating and managing through influence
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and previous experience in managing executive presentations related to strategy and execution
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical and therapeutic issues in rare disease or hematology
- Thrives in entrepreneurial, unstructured environment
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.