Research Associate, Virology
Yoh is seeking a Research Associate to join our Client's Virology team in Redwood City, CA. This direct-hire opportunity is ideal for candidates who have a BS or MS and 2+ years of experience working with virology assays, tissue culture and molecular biology techniques such as cloning of plasmids, westerns and RT-PCR.
See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or other opportunities within the Biotech Industry, please apply with your updated resume ASAP.
- This Research Associate will work with scientists and perform the following tasks with supervision:
- Maintain mammalian cell lines and virus stocks using aseptic techniques
- Design plasmids, primers, and perform sequence analysis utilizing Geneious software
- Clone and generate RNA viruses using recombinant DNA methods
- Characterize RNA viruses by Western blots, Northern blots, growth curves, and sequence analyses of virus genome. Experience with fluorescence microscopy and data analysis is a plus
- General lab maintenance, including stocking inventory, order requests, and inspections
- Compliance with lab safety rules and regulations following Company guidelines
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and up to date records in lab notebook
- Summarize experiments, discuss findings with supervisor, and present data and interpretation at lab meetings