Associate Director, Informatics
Developing curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
At Intellia, we are committed to solving the complex challenges of making CRISPR/Cas9-based medicines a reality for patients suffering from genetic diseases and to create novel engineered cell therapies for immuno-oncological and autoimmune diseases.
Intellia Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Director of Informatics to support the development of CRISPR/Cas9 based therapeutics. This position is an opportunity to contribute to diverse aspects of Intellia's bioinformatics platform including overseeing the management of computational scientists and projects, working with bench scientists, and performing analyses of genomics datasets. Specifically, this position will focus on leading projects and people to perform computational analyses to aid in the development of cell therapies for immuno-oncology.
- Develop and support NGS pipelines using commonly utilized tools (BWA, bowtie, samtools, etc.)
- Apply rigorous statistical methods for testing hypotheses on processed data
- Familiarity with SQL and the use of relational databases
- Work with scientists to develop computational methods and tools to support new assays and implement data analyses
- Create scientifically rigorous visualizations, communications, and presentations of results
- BS/MS in Bioinformatics or related field with 10+ years of industry experience
- PhD in Bioinformatics or related field with 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience managing computational scientists and projects
- Demonstrated ability to write code in R, Python, Perl, or C++
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting/bash
- Experience processing and analyzing biological data, specifically sequencing data
- Ability to translate user requirements into analysis pipelines or tools
- Strong communication, time management, and presentation skills
- Experience with software development in a cloud environment (AWS) is a plus
- Preferred experience working with immuno-oncology or cancer genomics datasets
What Intellia Stands For:
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us - trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds...free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously...and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts...with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards...even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.