With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Supervises the planning, scheduling, and completion of all Metrology work performed in assigned area to insure maximum uptime of equipment; oversees the activities of the technicians assigned to work areas in a manner to assure compliance with company, state, and federal agency guidelines; maintains planned work schedules and handles emergency work resulting from rendering of required services; manages work order system within area of responsibility; ensures necessary inventories of equipment and supplies are available.
- Converts approved work schedules and emergency work requests into action oriented plans. Provide necessary materials and equipment needed to complete work in addition to assuring proper training, qualifications and GMP compliance.
- Defines the priorities of subordinates; provides evaluation of performance to subordinates.
- Administers bargaining unit agreement to maintain effective communication with represented contingent; applies company policies relating to progressive discipline, overtime, vacations, and LOAs.
- Investigates major instrument related problem areas and determines best course of action for resolution; frequently checks subordinates' work to assure quality and compliance with cGMPs.
- Directs all metrology functions to ensure compliance with appropriate sections of the CFR 21,600 and 200 series.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, an Associate's Degree in a related field, Military certification, or other equivalent military certification.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years of service in the metrology/instrumentation field.
Supervisory experience preferred. Special training in the calibration of pressure, temperature humidity, participate, voltage current, air samplers, dimensional, mechanical and physical devices. Experience in the use of Microsoft Desktop Systems a plus. Prefer experience in the pharmaceutical, food, or chemical processing industry.
Technical/functional skills, written communications, action oriented, and problem solving. Team oriented and proficiencies in calibration databases.