We're looking to hire a Senior Toxicologist to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger aims to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We're seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. We also engage with Contract Research Organizations (CRO) and Consultants. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we've worked on in the past seven years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- A highly self-motivated, driven individual with an extensive toxicology background
- An experienced manager and coordinator who can handle multiple projects in a timely and effective manner
- A veteran designer of exploratory and GLP toxicology studies for discovery screens and regulatory submissions
- A toxicology study manager who enjoys working with CRO partners
- A highly-organized problem-solver who has excellent communication, presentation, and critical thinking skills
What you'll do:
- Lead toxicology efforts from drug candidates selection through IND filing
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team efforts and implement program-specific toxicology strategies to support compound and program progression
- Design and monitor exploratory and GLP-compliant toxicology studies at CRO partners
- Write and review toxicology reports and documentation for regulatory filings
What you should have:
- A PhD in pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline, with a minimum of ten years of industry experience preferred
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.