IGM (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a biotechnology company pioneering the development of engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer patients. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to improve upon the efficacy and safety of IgG antibodies in multiple therapeutic applications.
We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists and targeted cytokines. Our lead product candidate, IGM-2323, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3, that is currently in a Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL). Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies. Also in our product pipeline is IGM-7354, a bispecific IgM antibody delivering interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
We are seeking 2 experienced, hands-on individuals to join our analytical team in the role of Bioanalytical Chemist. In this role, you will support the analytical methods development and manufacture process development activity for IGM biotherapeutics IND portfolio. You must be organized, able to multi-task, and have a strong desire to work in a team-oriented, dynamic environment.
- Following SOPs to characterize antibodies with SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, HCP-ELISA, UV-VIS, cell-based potency assays, CHO DNA with qPCR, and other biophysical methods.
- Support antibody analytical method development, process development, formulation development and stability studies.
- Maintain Plate readers, plate washers, UNLCE, SoloVPE, Big TUNA, qPCR instruments.
- Support CRO management, including sample shipping, progress tracking.
- Maintain an organized analytical lab environment, complying Fed and Cal safety regulations.
- Prepare buffers, handle protein samples with aseptic techniques.
- Help prepare SOPs, protocols, and technical documents.
- Help identify new analytical technologies.
- Analyze scientific/technical data and present data in project team meetings.
- Chemistry, Biology, or related background, BS with 5+ years, MS with 2+ years of hands-on Bioanalytical Lab experience, preferably in the biotech/biopharmaceutical settings.
- Experience with HCP-ELISA, CHO DNA qPCR, SDS-PAGE, western-blot, cell-based assay is a must.
- Experience with tissue culture technique and biologics sample handling is required.
- Experience with other physicochemical methods, UNCL, HPLC (SEC-, IEX-, RP-, EC-, HIC-), capillary electrophoresis (CE-SDS, cIEF), particle analysis by DLS, and UV-Vis spectroscopy is a plus.
- Able to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skill a must.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to commute to Mountain View.
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based and family-like work environment. It is one of our biggest goals to maintain our company culture.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we are offering robust and comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance. The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
- STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 10 holidays
- Cell phone & internet subsidy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual training budget for professional development
- Commuter Benefit
- Annual bonus program
- New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.