Management Development Program, Manager
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
Program Opportunity and Objectives:
Horizon's Management Development Program is a 2.5-year rotational program providing extraordinary insight into how our business really works, coaching on the skills needed to be successful at Horizon, while challenging and stretching the capabilities of participants. It is an opportunity to accelerate your professional career at Horizon! You will be a full-time, benefit-eligible employee in the program. In this program you will:
- Enhance your leadership capabilities and expand your business acumen to position yourself as a future leader
- Develop your business and technical skills through 3 rotations within different business areas, building breadth into your career path
- Gain broad understanding of Horizon by working cross-functionally in a matrix environment and participating in key training sessions
- Maximize revenue and market share of Horizon products in a designated territory and achieve/exceed sales targets. Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the product, market and customers.
- Manage sales territory as a business to maximize sales. Analyze the market dynamics to ensure territory sales goals are met. Develop and implement own territory business plan in line with corporate strategy and work within agreed budgets.
- Establish and manage high quality customer relationships by maintaining knowledge of brand sales messaging, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Make compelling and persuasive sales calls to designated customers resulting in sales of Horizon products.
- Implementation of key strategies within the marketing team to reach both target and referral physician audiences.
- Work closely with marketing and sales leadership, sales training and internal cross-functional groups to design, develop and execute on key conferences.
- Support the execution of advisory boards and consultant meetings for the brand and broader organization by understanding brand strategies, tactics and anticipating organizational needs.
- Manage external partners (ad agencies, meeting planners, market researchers, consultants) to ensure integration and consistency of strategies, message and tactics.
- Leverage business insights and expert feedback to provide active input into the development and review of brand strategy, tactical plans and the financial plan.
- Effectively and consistently execute multiple, simultaneous projects and manage resources to ensure deliverables are on time, on budget, and answer business objectives. Manage project timelines and budgets.
Other (9-12 month) rotation will include one of the following areas and will be based on business needs and program participants interest:
- Commercial Organization: Commercial Analytics; Market Research; Business Operations
- Business Development: Portfolio & Strategy Development
- Finance: Investor Relations; Financial Planning & Analysis
- Analyze, and report consolidated Horizon periodic results compared to plan, forecasts and prior year for key functional leader in support of business performance for both net sales and operating expenses.
- Develop and publish reports and presentations including analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual results versus variance to plan, forecast and prior year including identifying key variance drivers and insightful commentaries.
- Evaluate all functional spending as needed including accrued expenses and analyze actuals compared to plan, forecasts and prior year.
- Provide decision support including variance analysis, trends and key drivers and identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement. This may include running current cost center reports, performing scenario and trade-off analyses, income statement consolidation and analysis, reviews and headcount.
- Contribute to reporting requirements for monthly business reviews, Executive Committee and Board of Directors as well as reference analysis for Horizon.
- Develop information presented to analysts and investors for quarterly earnings, business development activity, analyst days, key R&D updates and conferences to support effective communications with investors, sell-side analysts and other key stakeholders. This includes developing the earnings news release, earnings call scripts, M&A communications, sell-side conference presentations, corporate investor presentation, Q&A documents, investor blast emails, board presentations and executive staff presentations.
- Keep senior management abreast regarding competitor valuation and market dynamics. Provide executive committee with weekly share price performance vs. multiple peer sets and indices, and comparable company analysis with several key financial metrics outlined by CEO and Chief of Staff.
- Assume point-person responsibilities for a business unit. Attend monthly product meetings, give presentations on behalf of Investor Relations group and act as liaison for key decision makers of the business unit.
- Consolidate, analyze and interpret large, complex data sets into actionable insights for senior management.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Completion of an M.B.A. degreeprogram, preferably with an emphasison marketing, healthcare, generalmanagement and finance (for financeprogram)
- Three to five years of priorindustry/work experience
- Target GPA: 3.0/4.0 or greater (nominimum required)
- [Sales rotation] Position requires the ability to travel in short and long distances in a car or airplane, ability to lift weights up to 20 pounds and some physical rigors are required such as arranging and carrying items from an automobile, mobility between office locations and setup of a theater style room for professional presentations.
- [Sales rotation] Must be able to store pharmaceutical product samples in a safe and PDMA compliant area within home office. Must own a presentable late model vehicle that must be tobacco product free during business hours with valid comprehensive insurance and must possess a valid driver's license. Requires valid credentials to work in the U.S.
- Must have strong planning, project management, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to seize feedback and provide clear direction is essential.
- Flexibility to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment with multiple demands with initiative and independence required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires approximately 30-40% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.