Management Development Program, Analyst
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
Program Opportunity & Objectives:
Horizon's Management Development Program is a 2.5-year rotational program providing aspiring professionals the opportunity to accelerate the development of their business and technical skills. Ensure you are on the right track as you start your professional career! Learn the "Horizon way" of operating principles and values to help you successfully contribute to Horizon and grow your career. In this program you will:
- Establish comprehensive working knowledge of different business areas through 6 to12 months rotations
- Learn how to prioritize and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines
- Enhance your knowledge and perspective of technical/business information through formal learning and on-the-job experience
- Broaden your perspective and develop an enterprise mindset by working cross-functionally in a matrix global environment
- Maximize revenue and market share of Horizon products in a designated territory and achieve/exceed sales targets. Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the product, market and customers.
- Manage sales territory as a business to maximize sales. Analyze the market dynamics to ensure territory sales goals are met. Develop and implement own territory business plan in line with corporate strategy and work within agreed budgets.
- Establish and manage high quality customer relationships by maintaining knowledge of brand sales messaging, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Make compelling and persuasive sales calls to designated customers resulting in sales of Horizon products.
- Implementation of key strategies within the professional marketing team to reach both target and referral physician audiences.
- Work closely with brand team to develop and execute referral messaging, marketing initiatives and marketing materials to educate.
- Support the development of digital assets and tools and implement with the designated agencies.
- Engage with external partners (ad agencies, meeting planners, market research, consultants) to ensure integration and consistency of strategies, message and tactics, in addition to working to ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Leverage business insights and expert feedback to provide active input into the development and review of brand strategy, tactical plans and the financial plan.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Chronic Granulomatous Disease community and market dynamics.
Other (9-12 month) rotation will include one of the following areas and will be based on business needs and program participants interest:
- Commercial Organization: Commercial Analytics; Market Research; Business Operations
- Business Development: Portfolio & Strategy Development
- Finance: Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare, analyze, and report consolidated Horizon periodic results compared to plan, forecasts and prior year for key functional leader in support of business performance for both net sales and operating expenses.
- Develop and publish reports and presentations including analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual results versus variance to plan, forecast and prior year including identifying key variance drivers and insightful commentaries.
- Evaluate all functional spending as needed including accrued expenses and analyze actuals compared to plan, forecasts and prior year.
- Provide decision support including variance analysis, trends and key drivers and identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement. This may include running current cost center reports, performing scenario and trade-off analyses, income statement consolidation and analysis, reviews and headcount.
- Contribute to reporting requirements for monthly business reviews, Executive Committee and Board of Directors as well as reference analysis for Horizon.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Completion of a B.A. or B.S degree program, with an emphasis on marketing, healthcare, general management and finance
- Target GPA: 3.0/4.0 or greater (no minimum required)
- 1 to 3 years of priorindustry/work experience
- [Sales rotation] Position requires the ability to travel in short and long distances in a car or airplane, ability to lift weights up to 20 pounds, and some physical rigors are required such as arranging and carrying items from an automobile, mobility between office locations and setup of a theater style room for professional presentations.
- [Sales rotation] Must be able to store pharmaceutical product samples in a safe and PDMA compliant area within home office. Must own a presentable late model vehicle that must be tobacco product free during business hours with valid comprehensive insurance and must possess a valid driver's license. Requires valid credentials to work in the U.S.
- [Sales rotation] Requires approximately 30-40% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
- Must have strong planning, project management, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to seize feedback and provide clear direction is essential.
- Flexibility to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment with multiple demands with initiative and independence required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.