AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Sr. Pipefitter performs demolition and construction on utility and process related plumbing and piping
- Responsible for job planning activities and materials for project related jobs.
- Follow proper compliance, GxP, and safe work practices in accordance with established company policies and local ordinances.
- Understand engineering standards and have knowledge of Local codes
- Must have good trouble shooting skills
- Must be able to use hand and power tools and must be able to read gauges
- Must have good operating knowledge of valves and how they operate.
- Must be able to read, understand, and install project per blueprints and create red line drawings
- Be able to complete projects in a timely manner, be organized and perform multiple task assignments.
- Must be able to solder and sil-flo copper piping
- Have experience and knowledge working with all different types of piping including glass, pvc, galvanized, steel, stainless, ect.
- Decisions made and actions taken by this person will impact maintenance activity, plant safety, product throughput, as well as compliance.
- The position is day shift: Monday - Friday 5:30AM - 2PM
- High school education or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years related pipefitting/plumbing experience in an industrial/commercial area or apprenticeship program
- Good communication skills (oral and written), and some computer knowledge to work with a computer management system are needed
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.