Senior Director, Domestic Tax
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Senior Director, Domestic Tax position is a key leadership position in the Corporate Tax organization. This position will have primary responsibilities for strategic and operational aspects of U.S. domestic tax matters and accounting for income taxes under U.S. GAAP (ASC 740). Responsibilities encompass all areas of U.S. domestic tax, including U.S. federal and state tax compliance, tax examinations, acquisition integration and planning. This requires managing tax risks and opportunities related to domestic tax and income tax accounting and providing recommendations to senior management. This position will also have responsibility for assessing process and technology requirements and opportunities, providing improvement recommendations, and directing the implementation of process and technology solutions within their functions of responsibility. Close collaboration and partnering with other Tax functions (e.g., International Tax, Transfer Pricing, Tax Counsel) and functions outside of the Corporate Tax organization will be critical. Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position
- Primary responsibility for all aspects of U.S. domestic tax and accounting for income taxes, including managing outside tax advisors and supporting independent auditors audit of income tax accounting
- Provide strategy to senior management on U.S. domestic tax risk management and operational process and controls
- U.S. domestic tax responsibilities include U.S. federal income tax, state income tax, state indirect tax and Puerto Rico direct and indirect tax.
- Collaborate closely with other functions within the Corporate Tax organization and other functions within the AbbVie organization such as Corporate Accounting, FP&A, and Treasury
- Direct the implementation of large-scale process and technology initiatives through strong project management as well as partnering with AbbVie stakeholders and outside advisors
- Manage U.S. domestic tax aspects of IRS examinations and state examinations
- Manage and direct tax and operational M&A integration initiatives for U.S. domestic tax and income tax accounting related functions
- Manage, direct, and provide technical advice along with mentoring and development to Domestic Tax team. Supervision of team of approximately 15-20 people at director level and below
- Master of Science in Accounting/Tax CPA Certification required
- Ability to perform complex and sophisticated tax analyses and recommends proposed courses of action to senior management
- 12-15+ years of Tax experience in a Corporate 100 and or National Big Four Accounting Firm with strong technical skills in U.S. domestic tax and accounting for income taxes (ASC 740)
- Ability to interface with senior management and work well with Business Units
- Strong communication, teaming and leadership skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.