Director Program Management
The Director, Program Management (DPM) position is a high impact, leadership role responsible for leading key elements of program strategy and cross-functional execution of development and commercialization activities for neuroscience products at Ovid. The DPM role requires a creative, resourceful leader with proven expertise in leading early and late stage programs through launch and life-cycle management. The DPM will be responsible for leading one or more cross-functional program teams to drive product development, NDA submission and market introduction. The DPM will use program management and leadership best practices to ensure the translation of product strategy into clear and actionable operating plans and will be responsible for the program budget. The DPM will work closely with senior leaders and with functional leaders to effectively plan and resource the programs, provide program progress oversight, communication and process management. The DPM will ensure the cross-functional teams operate effectively with positive team dynamics driving product development.
· Define a clear strategic vision for the program and serve as a champion for key program-related information.
· Facilitate the elaboration, approval and execution of the program strategy.
· Drive the development, prioritization and communication of annual and long-range operating plans ensuring alignment to program strategy.
· Accountable for meeting targets and managing deliverables
· Responsible for development of Integrated Product Plans (IPP) ensuring alignment across strategic and tactical plans
· Establish common decision processes & criteria for key decisions, e.g. go/no go criteria and stage-gate decisions.
· Collaborate with Program team to ensure coordinated evaluation of product opportunities/ scenarios and development of comprehensive integrated recommendations to Governance Committees based on program defined objectives and priorities.
· Proactively identify and communicate product-related issues, risks, and where applicable, facilitate cross-team discussion on identifying impact and mitigation plans,
· Promote timely visibility and transparency of information within the Program team, across sub-teams and other forums to accelerate decision making, obtain alignment, and increase foundational knowledge.
· Reinforce team operating principles to maximize alignment within the team and with other functions.
· Provide effective solution for solving team conflicts to maximize team effectiveness
· In collaboration with functional leaders, review and allocate resources to support operational plans.
· Develop, maintain and track cross-functionally aligned program timelines
· Effectively manage budget planning for the program through its collection, alignment and validation and ensuring alignment to program strategy
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum of 15 years of experience in pharmaceutical drug development or commercialization with demonstrated success leading multi-site, global or enterprise-wide programs in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
· Minimum of 8 years of direct cross-functional program management experience in the development or commercialization of branded products with 3 years in team leadership role.
· Knowledgeable in at least one functional area (proven experience); ability to assess validity of overall program/project strategy and deliverables
· Ability to manage multiple complex cross-functional teams and processes without routine supervision to deliver key accountabilities
· Demonstrated experience managing programs in different stages of development and/or commercialization in diversity of therapeutic areas
· Strong knowledge and understanding of global drug product development and commercialization in the pharmaceutical industry.
· Strong understanding of the business environment and relevant key strategic and operational drivers.
· Strong understanding and competency in planning processes and decision making
· Demonstrated experience using standard program management tools and software including integrated development plans, timelines, risk management, and budget development and monitoring
· Demonstrated finance and business acumen
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent proficiency a plus
· Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field required; Advanced degree in life sciences or MBA with relevant pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
KEY SKILLS, ABILTIES, COMPETENCIES
· High level of accountability
· Ability to facilitate, manage and lead complex cross-functional teams to develop and translate strategies into tangible deliverables.
· Ability to manage and resolve complex strategic and operational issues and interactions through effectively framing issues/mitigation to influence decision making.
· Independent and creative thinker requiring minimum oversight. A self-starter who is pro-active, motivates, and has tact, diplomacy, and leadership skills
· Highly developed interpersonal skills including cultural awareness and sensitivities, negotiation, managing meeting and group dynamics, conflict resolution, ability to balance concerns of line management with objectives of cross-functional team.
· Ability to influence people at all levels in the organization without authority and negotiate competing priorities.
· Strong analytical and decision-making ability, including ability to synthesize complex and diverse inputs to a problem, and recommend solutions/preferred options and provide related budget and FTE impact
· Polished communication and presentation skills required, including ability to effectively communicate with senior executives
· Ability to mentor and influence new team members on team membership requirements, responsibilities and deliverables.
· Ability to adapt quickly and well to change, both organizationally and culturally
· Must have high ethical standard and integrity
· Fluency (spoken and written) in English
Show more Show less